Question about attractive people?

Does being attractive change the way you are treated?

When I was a kid I was ultra cute and got lots of positive attention from like older girls.

When I was a teenager I developed nicely and got lots of positive attention from girls my age.

But when I hit university I became a bum and my appearance began to plummet. I put on weight, I probably had more acne, sometimes I wouldn't shave, etc. AND people started treating me different. But I was still me, nothing changed except my appearance.

And NOW, I've buffed up and slimmed down and I get so much more positive attention. This includes strangers at like stores and restaurants. I swear, it's like people are nice to me just because. AND I'm still me, lol.

[Q] Has appearance played a role in how you've been treated by strangers?

Edit: SOmeone changed my question! lol.

Also: Question does not relate to baby murderers, Chucky included

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I try not to judge by appearance, but I can't help it. Its a subconscious thing. I don't mean judging how hot people are, I judge by the way they carry themselves, facial expressions. Unfortunately, facial expressions don't necessarily show what the person feels. Like when a person with slanted eyes could appear hostile (not saying all do) or a person that's thinking could look angry. An overweight person might not necessarily look as great when walking compared to a fit person.

What Girls Said 4

• yes its about how you look. I tend to go up and down in my appearance depending on if I'm depressed or not and yes when your pretty people treat you better and when your less attractive your worth goes down in society

• yup. I was a total cutie when I was 4. I got away with murder all the time.

now... now, I get yelled at for finishing up all the cheerios. :(

• Everyone sucks up to you, it's all fake though.

• See but I don't understand the reason. Like I'm not going to give them candy or anything lol

• Yea it does..but that's just the way of the world...people care about people that care about themselves.

What Guys Said 2

• Somewhat, in high school I used to work out a lot and had that slim and very dense muscular look and I would get hit on often now that I've lost my muscular physique and just look skinny I almost never get hit on. I do want to say though that on the most part people still treat me the same, there's just less girls that are attracted to me (from what I could tell).

• yes sadly, and you are right. I got the same reactions except I never went through dramatic appearance changes. Interesting story you got :)