Why do girls wear so much of make-up when they look so good without them?

What makes girls wear so much of make-up ?

I have seen extremely pretty girls wearing make-up when they look so good without any make-up ? Why is it ?

What is their reasoning behind that ?

This is not an assumption that girls look pretty without make-up ... I have seen many girls from my college, classes, my mom and lots of girls (in general) who look pretty without make-up .

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it has partly to do with what they are fed in TV and magazines. I know some of the girls, I see and talk to that wear a lot of makeup, read Cosmo, or Vogue, those kinds of magazines. Those magazines pretty much make people think that what they see there is normal. And if you are normal you will conform into looking like the people in the magazine or tv. It also depends on the social group you are in. I rarely see my friends, so I usually just go with only mascara, I could care less if someone doesn't like how I look that day when I go to college. If they don't they can turn away. I may not be the most beautiful, but I am not going to spend 2 hours in the morning getting ready to impress someone who doesn't like me anyway, or is only going to like me for my appearance.

Some peoples friends are highly critical, and you feel bad when you are around them. Now I wouldn't be friends with people like that long, but sometimes it takes a while to get out of a situation like that. Perhaps it's peer pressure. Some girls nit pick other people because of their 'flaws' and say that a girl should wear makeup. Or they tell the girl they have to wear makeup, or it's expected because everyone else in the group does. Who knows.

I stopped reading those girlie magazines a long time ago :P They do take a toll on your self-esteem and are usually a waste of money anyway, because half of it's ads. And the magazine costs 10 bucks!

What Girls Said 14

• Make up enhances our good features eyes, lips etc. It makes us feel prettier and people treat you better with makeup on (studies show.) I've gone in public with and without makeup and people look at you different. How do you know they look good without makeup? Have you seen them without or are you just assuming they look good without it?

• So how come girls don't put make up on their t*ts and ass?

• I have seen my mom , my cousins and many girls from my college who look pretty without make-up , so I am not assuming that lol

• Ok well that's good they're lucky to look good without makeup because most women look better with. Not saying girls who look pretty with makeup on aren't pretty without, they most likely are, but makeup enhances their look.

• I wear it because I like how I look with it.

• i like the glam look of makeup. it doesn't mean that I don't think I'm pretty without it, but I like that polished slightly glam look I get with makeup

• DUH

society.

why are guys so self consious about their penis size?

pftfftftftftft.

• You shouldn't compare penis insecurities of men with make-up of women ... its unfair .

You can compare penis insecurities with boobs size or something else of a women .

DAMN useless comparison !

• MY POINT is that society puts pressure on you for that.

• I mostly do eye make up and that's about it. My skin is fine. I guess it's just to impress. if I want to look my best I'll try a bit of make up to accent what I already have.

• because girls aren't told how beautiful they are often enough

• Because you all go nuts over women that wear a sh*t load of make-up e.g. Megan Fox, Christina Anguilla etc.

• Why does it matter? If it helps the girl feel better about herself, I say go for it.

I wear it because I like how I look with it.

• I do it to bring out the color or my eyes but I don't cake on the cosmetics.

• idk, I rarely wear any.

• we dress to impress

• Well, I do not wear makeup, because I don't feel I need to. But many girls, think they need to, or just because it makes them feel prettier. more confident. If you are friends with someone, and you have seen them without makeup, and perhaps you like her, tell her, that she looks beautiful without makeup, if you honestly think that. She will feel better about herself, and maybe even wear less.

• cause it's fun to dress up and made up

• ugh I go through this with my daughter all the time. she's so pretty without it and if she would put just alittle on it brings out all her pretty features but instead she is starting to want to cake on the eye liner (which only makes her eyes look smaller instead of bigger like she wants) but she has a complex that she looks too young and that more makeup makes her look older(and her friends agree with this and encourage the whole more make up thing and say they like it) so she won't listen to me at this point.

girls just go through a phase in high school where more make up is better and it usually goes into college until they feel like screw it I'm tired of plastering this stuff on my face every day I'm going to class without it I don't care how I look lol

it's mostly for other girls imo and if they realized that guys didn't like it they probably still would do it because they just like to play with make up and wear it for their friends not the guys lol

• I never caked it on ha ha I always thought girls who did that were ridiculous.

• 14 almost 15.

• CUTE ! thx for answering ...

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's the media, let alone their insecurities. A lot of women I think are pressured into having to be this certain "image" to be considered attractive at face value.

• It's for their benefit. It makes them feel better about themselves.