Does height really matter?

I'm 5'5 and she is 6 foot can it work or is that silly? Do ladies care about that really, and be honest?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm short...about 5' 1 and I like guys who are tall...but height to me wouldn't really matter cause I'm short even though I like tall guys but as far as your question it depends on how the girl feels about you...if she's feeling you, likes what she sees, and loves almost everything there is about you...than yes in that case height...just throw it out the window...but also if your concern is what people think....ask yourself do you like her that much to not care? Cause people will be people...we'll always talk and gossip and not care of others feelings except me...lol...no honestly I don't judge but seriously height is just height...it all depends on how you feel about her and how much you like her...and also does she care about your height....if she's dating you and doesn't seem to mind it than heck you've found a great girl....

What Girls Said 14

• The point of the matter is ... A friend of mine who is a guy is only like 5'5 as well and he married and has a KID with his wife who is 6'2. They are madly in love and have a great relationship. N just cause she is taller than him, doesn't mean that she has control over him or anything.

So go for it man, there is really nothing to worry about ... unless of course YOU are the one that has a prob with it =)

Cheers

Hot Alpha Female

• If she likes you, anything will work out! why shouldn't it? lol :) just ask her sometimes not to wear heels, so you'd feel comfortable. :)

• To be honest, in my case, I do love taller guys...... they just seem to look sexier... but is just my preference and I am 5'3''.

• It's not that big of issue. I'm 5 10 and my bf is shorter than me and I don't really care

• If she is 6 feet tall she's probably used to towering over guys. If anything, she's probably scared you'll be intimidated by her size. Is it silly? Well depends, she's tall and your kinda short but do you "make up for it" by being "wide?" By friend is taller then her BF but he is really muscular in the shoulders so it kinda makes it less awkward. Anyways, if you don't make it an issue, it won't be. If you seem embarrassed by her height then it's gonna show. Girls aren't as hung up on looks as guys are and probably just wants someone to be happy with.

• I agree with the sentiment, though I disagree about the extent to which women are different than men in judging on appearances. I think both sexes do that, but they value different things.

• To be honest, I do care about how tall my guy is and personally I wouldn't wanna date someone shorter then me.... but that doesn't mean it can't work out between you two. of course it can! if its okay with her and she doesn't complain about it, then its all good.

• Everyone thinks differently. Personally I think judging someones height would be like judging someone because they are a different race than you. If you guys like each other don't worry about it and don't worry about what others think its not their business to be thinking anything. :) I wish you the best luck in your relationship.

• It all really depends. If you are okay with it then you are fine. If she is okay with it then you both are really lucky. Other people may look at you and wonder but if you guys really like each other more than anything, height shouldn't matter

• Personally I prefer a guy who is taller than I am but it's really up to her. You have quite a height difference so she would always have to wear flats, forget the heals. But if you don't care and she doesn't either it's up to you guys. Don't let people's comments get in the way.

• But I like high heels!!!!

• You like high heels? Or your girl friend? Anywhoo, well then you have yourself a problem unless you don't mind being way taller than him... I'm 5'10 and my boy friend is 6'3 so I can wear any kind of shoes.

• Depends on the maturity of the girl. If she's mature, knows that it goes beyond height, then it's no biggie.

Then I must admit I'm not mature - the guy I should be with would have to be taller than 5'8, which is my height. And I also should be able to wear heels... But she might be fine with it...?!

• Ok here is what I say. At first she might be a little intimidated by your height, but honestly if you let her get to know your personality she won't even care about that anymore. She'll probably think well he is shorter but he has a great personality so who cares about height.

• Height does bother me, but some women don't care. if it does bother you just find someone under 5'5..there are a lot of us out there.

• Easy for you to say I really like this girl and I'm not going to let her go that easily like she is some kind of car.....

• I'm 5'11" and I know I prefer guys who are taller then me, but I have liked a fare share of shorter guys. I find it attractive when a guy is confident enough to be with a taller girl.

• I'm 5'8 and have never dated a shorter guy there are a lot of sweet short guys that hit on me I guess I'm just shallow but if she really likes you it shouldn't matter you guys will just have to get over the height difference but all in all I think you'll have a shot :)

What Guys Said 5

• I think you and she will look odd together, but I think it's still worth pursuing. I read the comment below from the gal who is 5'3" and prefers tall guys. Do you think she looks silly when she's out and about? Sure. For some reason we find it to be more normal when the guy is taller.

Last place I worked there was a super sweet gal who was 6'2". She was pretty, funny, intelligent, and always single. She had a terrible time finding a guy because of her height. My point is that this gal likely has been struggling with that too and may well be sick and tired of it being a thing.

Ironically, you and she are on the opposite sides of the same coin and have a lot in common in this area.

• I think that by society standards the man is usually taller then the woman in 9 out of ten relationships... So you might get some looks or people being shallow but at the end of the day it is how you and this Girl feel about being together... If you both like each other than it shouldn't matter...

To be honest- I think it is all about how you carry yourself, if you are secure and confident than it shouldn't matter and people will look past the height...

• As a guy, I prefer shorter women than me. Everyone has there own preferences on this though.

I have two married relative couples were the woman is at least 2 inches taller than the guy. It does work. Love will prevail if neither of you are bothered by height!

• It can still work if she wants it too, It's very rare that a girl like a guy who's shorter than them.

• Depends on the girl. Mostly its whats on the inside. Have confidence!