A comprehensive body type question?

So, then. Yet another body type question. Why answer this one over all the others? I don't know, you might be bored. Also, it has a few more types and descriptions than most - might be a bit broader than all the others.

Alright. What body type do you find least/most attractive in a guy? This isn't about what attracts you to a guy, this is about what type you most prefer. I know there is much more to it all than this.

If it's any help, here are a few choices.

The Twig - The first thing you notice about the guy is how skinny he is. He fits perfectly in girl jeans, you can wrap your hand around his whole upper arm, and he is probably skinnier than you. Whether he exercises or not, he never seems to lose the stick-like look.

The Athlete - At first glance, he might seem similar to the twig. He certainly is lean - however, it's probably because of all the exercise he gets. He has muscled, athletic legs and possibly well defined arms. If you get a peek under his shirt, you might see 6 muscles poking out. Despite all this, he seems thin; he is no bodybuilder.

The Regular Guy - Not fat, not thin. Not bulging with muscles, not devoid of any body definition. This guy probably has a bit of fat, but not enough to really stand out. He gets some exercise, but not enough to really show on his body.

The Body Builder - This is the guy that spends multiple days a week working out, trying to shape his body into what he sees as hot. He doesn't necessarily have athletic ability; he is defined by his bulging muscles instead of what he does with them. He seems "perfectly" proportioned, with strong shoulders, a manly chest, and well-muscled legs.

The Big Guy - You know what I mean. A guy with a bit more meat on his bones than most. This isn't the normal guy, who is just a bit chubby. The first thing you notice when seeing this guy is his size. He is probably bigger than you, and he knows it, too.

Well, then. Those are the main body types that I could think of off the top of my head. Any of them catch your fancy? Any of them that I missed? Let me know down below.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like a mixture of the thick and athletic guy. I don't like guys to be cut up to the point of discovering new muscles. But I like them to have muscles. Think Fred Durst now. He's got muscle with some thickness around the muscle. That is perfection to me.

What Girls Said 12

• That was a pretty interesting question, and I think you covered all the body types. I like the "athlete," but I think you misleadingly worded your description of "bodybuilder." I've known guys who went to the gym, got muscles, and were none the worse for it :P

But the nicest guys I've met seem to fall into the "regular guy" category. I guess that's because they tend to spend less time worrying about their bodies and more time on stuff that really counts. Just my 2 cents.

I used to think only girls worried about their bodies, but oooo have I found out differently recently! Guys worry just as much and sometimes more! I find it somewhat annoying when they do it in front of me, but it's nice to know that y'all are human too :P

• Forgot to add, my favorite part of the guy's body is shoulders, arms, neck, and chest. I just love to touch it and it looks great!

• Glad you found the question interesting. Yeah, I must admit that I was slightly biased in typing up the bodybuilder choice. I'm an athlete that despises the "working out to look good" types; I guess I see it as partially a personality distinction in addition to appearance.

There is a certain truth to that - regular guys often are the nicest of the bunch. Perhaps a good follow-up question would go beyond pure appearance.

Of course! We just pretend we don't - the whole "macho" thing.

• Ideal world.

I'd got for a mix between the athlete and the bodybuilder.

I don't like my guys thin - but I don't like them bulging either. A kind of happy medium. A bit of meat on the bones. but defined.

Plus - if I look at the body builder type all I can think, is when, between protein shakes and press ups, is he going to have time for me.

But I do like a guy to be bigger than myself - so no stick like physics - even if they do have defined muscles.

• i would choose the regular guy =]

• The Regular Guy, but for sure a bit taller. I'm fairly tall, so I like my man to be at least a bit taller than me or the same height. Makes me feel more like the woman!

Plus, bodybuilders/athletes tend to concentrate too much on their appearance. I'm not into skinny guys, but I'm not into guys who are terribly overweight in an unhealthy way since I myself enjoy an active life and like to workout. A bit of extra weight is cool, but not too much.

• My ideal man is blonde, 6'2" and built but not ripped...so I guess a mix of the regular guy and the athlete.

• i'd go for the athlete or the twig. the regular guy's okay, but the body builder and the big guy can be scary

• I like guys who are hard as a rock from head to toe. Not necessarily BIG per se, but defined and solid, with the abs, arms, and shoulders being my absolute favorite body part. Whenever I see a set of abs that looks like it's so hard a bullet would bounce off of it, I get an urge to rip his clothes off, throw him down, and lick him up and down from head to toe.

• I choose the athlete, because it's attractive when a guy has muscles that he uses in real life. Body builders just don't have that same umph, and though I don't want a big bulky guy, I don't want my guy to be skinnier than me.

• The athlete for sure... I think being fit is hot. I don't like huge crazy muscles...just subtle but sexy lol.

• mmmmmm my boyfriend plays football but he's got a little meat on his bones its very very very sexy

• The athlete, most definitely. but I could fall for the regular guy easily too.

• Twig- A guy like that can be attractive if he dresses really nice and has confidence. Not my ideal but I can work with that.

Athlete- Nice hot body

Regular guy- Can work with that also. Most guys look like that and I have no problem with it

Body Builder- Can I put this in 2 categories? There are the big football player type bodies and I like those, but I'm not into "body builder" types who are extremely body conscious and have like veins sticking out.

Big Guy- Not the best body. I wouldn't be attracted to him at first

The "football player type" is the hottest, and the athlete comes close second, then there's the regular guy, the body builder type, the twig, then last the big guy

What Guys Said 0