How to get over feeling less manly because of my height?

I'm white and 5'7 or 5'8. Other white guys tower over me and people don't ever take me seriously. Hell, a bunch of black girls referred to me as "little homey" the other day. I'm so sick of this, I could probably kick most tall guys ass. I'm actually the built the same as most taller guys, people just assume I'm less manly because I'm short.

Most Helpful Girl

• one of my best guy friends is 5'3...you've got it better than him lol

• Haha I guess so... 5'3 is wow really small.

• haha yeah it is...he has learned to laugh about it

What Girls Said 11

• You're not short :P not even a little lol.

• I don't think that short.Im sure there are so many girls would accept your height without complain.Yeah some girls prefer taller guys but that doesn't mean other girls won't date you.When we love someone we might change out preference tho,trust me.Last time I demand to have a 6" boyfriend but I attracted to a guy who is only 5'7.Guess what now he is my bf.Be confident.You are not that short.

• Never think that you are less manly! I know people who are 5'4that are many times more manly than a man that is 6'. It's all about who you think you are. Do you think you are manly?

• Honestly? That's not even short. I know so many guys that are the same height or shorter than you! And being short doesn't determine how unmanly you are. Neither does a guy who looks like a giraffe. Its how you speak, act.

• Focus on yourself and quit associating with people who put you down would be a start.

Another tip would be to stop acting all mighty and tough, cause you aren't exactly tall and the tall guys who put you down will hold that above you, the height that is. It's not cute when a shorter dude tries to act all tough as though he could kick anyones ass. It reeks of insecurity.

• He's not trying to be cute. I also think he knows he's insecure, otherwise why ask this question?

• I'm telling him it doesn't come off as attractive.

He can sit there and act like the victim all he wants but there's plenty of short dudes who can get girls

• Plenty of short guys get girls? No. But it does happen. So it IS possible.

• calm the f*** down. you'll be alright. I'm 5'6, I've dated 5'7, 5'8 guys. height isn't manliness

• To many people height is manliness.

• "to many people" well f*** them, end of story.

• don't worry about it. if they can't respect you for who you are, then why even pay any attention?

• be able to laugh at yourself and move on.

• How will that help? Seriously?

• if I'm feeling insecure about something, I just think about what a silly thing it is to be worried about and I can even make a joke about it! If I'm still insecure about it after that, I fake my confidence until it comes naturally.

• Taller guys scare me. I'm 5'0. It must be a man thing with power or something. Silly really. People have opinions, don't let them get to you.

• i'm 5'7, so my man must be at most 5'4 and he's the manliest man I know. You just have to chill out and accept it.

• You aren't even that short! I know and have been attracted to guys your height. I'm short, but still. I think that is ridiculous, it's not like you are 4"11.

What Guys Said 5

• I hope you're not built the same as most taller guys, cause we're generally skinnier. Just hit the gym, get heaps built and stocky if you're not already, and a few days growth of facial hair couldn't hurt the manly look.

• know you're not too short. All guys want to be taller, I'm 6 ft and I wish I was taller, I have taller friends who wish they were taller...

• 6' is the perfect height. Anything taller than 6'2 is just awkward looking

• tell that to women who adore it.

• First, that's not particularly short.

Second,if you want to get over it, the one thing you don't do is start repeating and reinforcing lies about height. e.g. No girl will want you, or girls don't date less than 6', or life will be an uphill battle.

Just from those comments alone, your personality seems fairly disgusting. That's the sort of thing you need to work on.

• 5'7? I'm 22 and only 5'5

• Great. Just what the world needs. Another short dude with a Napolean complex. What's with the hostility, man?

• Well, tall guys stealing all the girls. Isn't that something to be mad about? lol?

• And settle for an ugly girl? I think I'd rather be single all my life than settle for an ugly chick because any attractive girl thinks I'm too short for them.

• LOL @ Napoleon complex. I am so pocketing that for future use.