What are views on tattoos and body mods?

me myself I have 3 tattoos, had my ears pierced but took them out got sick of them

what are your*

Most Helpful Girl

• I like tattoos and I have two. Used to have a monroe piercing but it is closed now. When it comes to piercings I think one piercing that flatters you is stylish. A face full...not so stylish. One piece will go a long way and doesn't look like overkill. Tatts, I have two that are concealed. I think it depends on the person and the artwork. I also think how people view tatts depends on how the person carries themselves, dresses, and their demeanor. If someone does not take care of themselves and looks kinda trashy, I think the artwork will too.

What Girls Said 13

• I like them on myself and others. I have seven piercings and two tats so far. Several more tattoo plans, but I haven't had the money to spend on them. The pieces I want done are likely to cost anywhere from $100-300 apiece, and I just don't have the cash to spare right now.

• ic my girlfriends a tattoist so I get free ink lol not to rub it in your face or anything :s

• Jerkkkkk. =] Hahahah. I'll admit I'm a little jealous.

• I personally hate them with a passion, but many of my friends like them. So what ever floats your boat

• I am not a fan of tattoos on me but they look good on other people. I have a fear of needles and I like natural skin, also I wouldn't want to worry about removing the tattoo if I didn't like it later on.

I have my ears pierced but I don't wear earrings all the time.

• I have double ear piercings on both ears, a nose piercing and 3 tattoos (two of them I did myself with a sewing needle) I want at least two more tattoos...but no more piercings...I didn't even want the nose one to begin with.

My boyfriend had a tongue stud for a while, which was great in the bedroom...but was f*cking annoying because he never went down a size after it healed...I don't really care if a guy has piercings or not, I like tattoos but they have to be good and they have to have meaning.

• i loooove guys with tattoos, not a fan of piercings unless its his ears

• I would love to get a tattoo, however it's all a matter of money and job security(at least for ones I'd like that would show).

• I love love love tattoos. I have a tattoo, soon to get more. So tattoos on a guy is a plus.

• A smallish tat is fine. Anything more than that,I'm not interested.

• I love tattoos as long as they look good on the person, body piercings can be hot too.

• I'm not a big fan of tattoos but I don't mind one tattoo on a mans arm.

• I like them. It's your body not anyone else's. I have 5 piercings and 1 tattoo.

• It depends on the tattoo and piercing. If it's a meaningful tattoo then it's fine, but if it's a tattoo of something stupid like a hairy ball sack then no..please just no! Also for piercings, I don't find it attractive if they pierce every part of their body. Same goes for tattoos.

• me personally contrary from every lame tattoo show out there a tat doesn't have to have any special meaning, for me anyways a tattoo can just be any random spontaneous thing that just happens to pop into your head

• i personally don't like it at all

What Guys Said 4

• Tattoos are just kind of lame to me. It depends on what age group though. There are too many high schoolers out there who go and get inked so their friends will think they're cool. I like the idea of them, but the application is overdone. As far as piercings go those are alright, though also overdone. I have one myself, just a gold hoop in the lobe. Used to have more, but I took em out. Between the two of them being over done, I'd say piercings are far better because you can simply remove them without surgery and a far bit of pain.

• yeah personally I think you should be 18 before you get one, a lot of kids I see with tats shouldn't have them much too young, youngest I have seen was a kid that didn't look a day over 12 yrs. I guess if a person really wanted one they could do themselves but usually prison tats are ugly.

• Personally I think prison tats are the best. If a symbol means so much to someone that they want it imprinted into their flesh then they should have the balls to do it themselves. It's kind of like going out and buying a painting from some random shop as apposed to creating it yourself. Yeah the tattoo artist will be far more skilled about it, but I think something like a tattoo should be extremely personal.

• I don't mind people who have tattoos, I honestly think it makes them stand out and different so I don't have a problem with them.

• Thing is it used to make them different and individual and all that good stuff, but as with everything else everyone wants to be original and stand out so it's kind of lost that aspect.

• Yeah, that's what I was thinking too but they're still a bit different than other people who just have an ink free body or do you think people who have an ink free body are different instead of those with tattoos?

• Look at me, I wish I never got it on my hands. Seems like society doesn't want to accept me for who I am.

• love tattoos not really into other body mods for myself.