Ok, I'm 19 and I'm really into gothic lolita clothing and cosplaying.

Don't get me wrong, I have other clothing and enjoy other styles as well, but a lot of the time I do enjoy going out in public wearing lolita inspired clothing.

I was just curious if any other girls are into the fashion and if guys think it's a turn on or a turn off?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just like any other style guys will or won't love it. There is no rule. That is like saying all girls are turned on by a popped collar guy.

Personally, I am in the same boat as you - I love gothic and lolita clothing, but I normally wear regular clothes unless I feel like "playing dress up."It is such a strong style it is a hit or miss. Two of my exes adored it and asked me to wear it more, one just called me a spaz.

Ultimately if the guy likes you, he likes you. You just might be a bit more intimidating because of your eccentric geddup. No matter what, don't change your look to go "guy catching" like a venus fly trap - the clothes reflect an aspect of your personality, and if they really are against that type of dress, then they aren't the right person for you.

What Guys Said 1

• A lot of my Friends in Japan used to dress like that sometimes, even to school.

I thought it was cute.

Was a nice refresher from the norm.

What Girls Said 7

• i dressed that way whe I was 17-19 but when I hit 20 I decided it was time for me to grow up. it started dressing more professional and even my casual is dressy-casual. it's just the way I dress up now. I didn't want to be one of those creepy 30-40 something years olds that try to look like a teen goth/emo/punk. I really liked it when I wore it, it made me feel "powerful" like no one could touch me because I didn't care what they thought, whether they liked it or not. those were the good ol' days. sadly I can't get away with wearing cat ears just because it's wednesday.

• I mainly dress more my age, but I must admit a part of me loves gothic lolita more than any other type of fashion trend in the US.

• The gothic lolita style is adorable! I've always wanted to wear it, but sadly, I can't find a place that sells it around here! TT.TT I always buy the Gothic & Lolita Bible to get my fix! Lols. But yeah, it should not matter whether a guy likes it or not. All that matters is what you like.

• I would LOVE to wear that stuff, but it's too expensive for me, making it is extremely tough and time-consuming (I've tried), and it's not practical for science labs. :(

It is so awesome, though! I love the clothes, and I would love to cosplay more often. People don't exactly take me to be the gothic lolita type, but I'd wear it more if I could. I'm getting a prom dress in that style.

• I have to hand make all of mind since I don't want to have to get things shipped overseas, however I find that I do need to get most of the shoes/bags straight from Japan which sucks.

T.T

It normally takes me half a year to completely make a full outift. XD

• Wow! I've never even heard of that until now. I checked it out though and it is SO CUTE. I would totally dress up in the lolita style (I particularly like the super white outfits with the big bows!), but it honestly is a little bizarre. Hopefully it will be fashionable in the US one day!

• If you are looking to attract a gothic guy then I'm sure it would definitely be a turn on! I don;t think preppy guys really dig it though...

• I LOVE gothic lolita style! I think it's amazing! =)

Anyways, I wear gothic lolita as well. My boyfriend thinks it's sexy.

• I'm an egl. but I never had enough money to buy an outfit. I would love to though. I'm starting with a pirate lolita outfit though. and I absolutely love lolita. Gothic,aristocrat,elegant,and kuro. I'm very into it...answer my question?

link