Do you think most people rate their attractiveness from the amount of attention?

that they get? Do you feel more confident when people compliment you often?

Most Helpful Girl

• In a way yes, both male and female naturally feel more attractive if they get checked out because it's like gaining proof that you are somewhat attractive. However, if a person is secure enough in their own shoes they won't look to what others think to rate their physical beauty.

What Guys Said 3

• i always gaged my attractiveness off of how I saw myself. I'm told I'm more attractive then I think I am

• Most people, yes. There are those with a healthy dose of self confidence where they don't rely on attention from others but those are more rare than the norm.

• Definitely, But I don't know how to take a compliment really so I'm really just the same.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, I think that's generally how most people gauge it. I guess it's because of the whole "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing, so people judge their own attractiveness based on how others perceive them.

Compliments can be lovely, but they don't make me more confident. I'm quite a confident person, and I'm happy with my looks. I've always been like that, it wasn't something I really "grew into" it's just something that never really bothered me. I'm kinda "meh" about it. Can't change it (non-surgically) so I don't see the point in fussing over it, nor allowing other people to determine how I see myself.