Do you think ugly guys have it easier than ugly girls?

I was in my first period class when I heard a guy and a girl talking. They both said that an ugly guy has it easier, I suppose, in the dating field than an ugly girl. Do you agree? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I see more ugly guys with pretty girlfriends than ugly girls with pretty boyfriends. That's one way of looking at it.

What Girls Said 8

• well this is just my personal opinion, but yeah, I really do think "ugly" guys have an advantage over "ugly" girls.

I have noticed that I, along with my friends, and even celebrities that many women prefer a guy who's not as attractive, if they have a great personality and brain! I know that I've liked PLENTY of guys who were considered "ugly" but I loved them just the same, because I loved their thought process, as well as their personalities. A lot of girls get asked "why do you like him? he's so ugly" and well, although that may be true in some cases, a lot of women fall in love with men besides their appearance. This is because women aren't as visual as men. Men, on the other hand, prefer attractive women because they are wired that way. That's why women may resort to makeup or enhancement surgeries, because they know that's what draws in the men, so to speak.

Uglier guys always have a chance with a beautiful woman, if they have a great mind and personality. girls, on the other hand, have a tougher time because men are visual creatures, and like to see something beautiful rather than to see a beautiful mind. Does that make sense?

anways, that's my own personal thoughts, as well as some research. In my psych class I did research on this...and I found it to be true. :)

• I think it's a personal matter. What one person may find attractive, another may not. And the other way around. But considering you are what? in high school I assume? There are definitely ugly and hot standards. And men are generally more shallow than women in the sense that men look purely for looks, women because of the way our brains work, usually look beyond looks. Therefore making it easier for "ugly" men because we can see past that. I'm not saying men don't look past women's flaws, but as a society at least here in the USA, men are known for being shallow. Prime example? Carl's Jr. commercials.

• Depends on the person's personality. I was cute in high school (and still am in my 40's) and even though I had crushes on the really cute guys, I dated the less cute guys. Because they were really nice, treated me well, had great personalities and generally tried harder at the relationship. I've dated a lot and had three long-term relationships in my life, and that fact has not changed. So to answer your question---if the ugly guy is really nice with a good personality, then he does have it easier than the ugly girl.

• Uh nah. Ugly girls have makeup and such. Oh and vaginas.

• Yeah. Guys are the ones that usually approach girls and an ugly girl is never going to get approached but an ugly guy can go and at least try to have a conversation with a girl. Also, I think some ugly guys are adorable, but ugly girls are just like ew.

• You wouldn't think I'm adorable. Just friendly. Money. Money partially makes up for ugliness.

And it can buy a face lift. I really wish I had the money for that.

• i bet your not even ugly! and if a guy has an adorable personality it really doesn't even matter what they look like, they're just a cute person :)

• I think ugly guys have it worst off than ugly girls. Have you ever heard of ugly girls turning hot when they get older? Its true... ugly girls can become just as hot and beautiful as the girls who have hot bodies and stunning features through waxing and makeup, hair and the type of clothes they wear, contact lenses etc... so its really easy for an ugly to become hot. For ugly guys there is only so much they can do to become hot because they don't makeup and less things than girls. They can get a hair cut, nicer looking clothes and lose weight that's about it. If they are orignally ugly.. then there is little they can do to change that as apposed to girls who can do a total transformation and a guy wouldn't have clue they were ugly before. but on the other hand when it comes to falling in love with somebody its not all about the looks... its about chemistry and whether there is a connection and the love you have for the other person as a person and not what they look like. At first yeah there needs to be some sort of physical attraction but other time its way more than just looks.

• Yeah, because most girls will date a guy they aren't attracted to, but guys won't.

• True. I've gone out with guys just because I wanted dinner or cocktail. That was a long time ago. The original question depends on the age group he was talking about. High school does not matter. The cutest people in my HS were overweight, bald, with lousy jobs or drug problems by the 10yr reunion. The dorks and not-so-cute people had blossomed, were making all the money and were happily married with families. Take a minute that think about what makes a person really ugly--looks or personality?

• I think that's a cliche. I've known plenty of awkward people who had drug problems or didn't want to work, etc. Human beings are attacted to looks, there is no way around facing the truth. Most women will negotiate on the looks scale if the guy brings more to the table that she values, such as humor or honesty.

• yes definitely. esp later on in life

What Guys Said 5

• I have to say, that is true in my opinion. A LOT of guys not just want, but feel entitled to someone well above them looks wise, and girls tend to be a lot more lenient towards looks. I see girls that looks 10x better than there boyfriends on at least daily. I hardly ever see the same thing with attractive guys.

• Ugly guys do NOT have it easier unless they have lots of money.

link

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life

never make a pretty woman YOUR wife

• Guys can make up for being ugly with other things such as money, but girls are out of luck.

• Yes. A guy who's paid can get just about any girl he wants no matter how ugly he is. A girl who's hard to look at wouldn't get nothing unless the guy is drunk, desperate, seriously lonely, or broke with nothing going for him.

• In terms of what?

hooking up I would say ugly girls will have it easier cause there are always guy out there looking to hook up with some who just has a pulse. For relationships I would say guy should have it better and most girls who would go for a guy like that would not be looking at his looks but for his personality.