Do guys like fat girls to date?

I'm a bit fat. I'm about ask a guy out, my friends said that guys like skinny girls only. Shall I ask him out or not?

thanks everyone

Most Helpful Guy

• I like them.

I don't know him, so I don't know if you should ask him. Do you get the vibe that he likes you?

What Guys Said 5

• The majority of guys don't go for fat girls no. There are however a not insignificant number who do. My old flatmate really had a thing for big women.

And then of course what is fat?- I don't like obese girls at all but I would much rather have a girl with a bit of shape to her than a stick figure.

Don't be afraid, you never know if you don't try, guys really aren't as shallow as girls often tend to think.

• Skinny girls don't really impress me.

• No offense to your friends, but that is crazy! I say go ahead and ask this kid out :)
    not every guy likes a skinny girl, it depends on the man. So for all we know he would love nice healthy curvy girls!

• Depends on how fat, most guys don't like obese girls, but a little extra curve depending on the guy might be fine.

• Define a bit fat? If you're like 5'4" and 160 instead of lets say 120. That's not bad. At least not to me.

What Girls Said 3

• Some guys do. I'm 'fat' (though not obese) as well and I've had quite a few guys approach me for a date or accept when I ask them. It depends on the guy, every one is different. Then there are the guys that don't care about the physical aspects of a girl much at all and focus on their personality more. I'm the only big girl that my boyfriend has ever dated but he says that my personality is so great that it doesn't even matter. Plus, he likes other physical aspects about me that don't have anything to do with my shape - a lot of guys care more about a pretty face, eyes, or whatever then the shape of a girl's body. :)

• Not true. My brothers don't like skinny girls. They like girls with more on them.

• I'm sure some guys like girls with more meat on them. My brother is skinny and he married a girl with a bit more meat on her than on him. she is over 200 and he is like 150 pounds. Anyways, I'm sure if you are a nice person then the guy will fall in love with you not because of your weight but because you are a really nice person. Sort of like that movie shallow hal.