Products For Straightening Hair?

What hair products do you personally use to flat iron your hair?

Like styling products and tools?

Gracias

Most Helpful Girl

• Products: Just like everyone else says: Chi Straight Guard. But I also find the Sunsilk Straight to Perfection works quite well and is a cheaper alternative to the Chi. Another product that I adore, but it is on the more expensive side would be the Bumble & Bumble Straight. It works like a charm!

As for the straightener: I have a Chi, but it is expensive but worth the investment, because if you are planning on buying cheaper ones, they will keep on breaking, therefore making you buy more, which results in you spending more.

P.S. I have wavy hair if that helps. :)

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 13

• Chi products... link

Chi

Chi

Chi.

De nada. :)

(unless you want something else)

• I use this cream: link and this flat iron: link

I had to save my tips for a month to buy that flat iron, but it's so worth every penny.

• Got 2 B is one of my favorite brands, and I use this stuff in an orange bottle, I forget the name, but give it a try- its amazing.

• I have keratin treatment in my hair. (The kind without formaldehyde. I know nothing is chemical free but this is apparently the lesser of the evils, and I love it because it is really a miracle worker. My hair is wavy at most and frizz free, and irons straight in minutes. Plus a blow dryer, just running it over my head until it dries, without using a brush or annoying styling stuff, will turn it straight.)

I also have an iron by the brand Fahrenheit. It is really good and stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls sell cheaper hair irons by good companies. Babyliss and Croc are good too. I think my iron was only 30 bucks.

Before I had the keratin I used to use Biosilk but it made my hair oily. Keratin is my miracle worker.

• I have used flat irons but they just fried my hair, what I did do to keep my hair straight was the Japanese straightening. It is a procedure that keeps your hair straight for many months; the stylist typically says 6 months but I feel it is more towards a year but it depends on your hair.

• omg you had the japanese straightening done? that's awesome

• Yes it is very good and I recommend it too all! Though some hair types cannot take this procedure. This technique left hair sleek straight!

• I just blow dry my hair after I shower, and then straighten it with a ceramic-plated straightener. It works wonders, and makes my hair really soft. If there's any frizz (usually there isn't), I'll just dab a really, really tiny bit of lotion and use it on my hair. Enough to get rid of the frizz, but not enough to make my hair sticky. But you shouldn't have too much frizz if you use a ceramic straightener.

• link

If you put that in your hair before you straighten it, it'll stay straight all day despite the weather (as long as your hair doesn't get wet lol)

• wet-to-dry remington straightener... so good :D

link

i don't really put anything in my hair before or after. I just make sure my hair is fully dry and then straighten.

• Chi heat protect before

John Frieda gloss spray afterward (helps with flyaways and makes hair shinier)

• moroccanoil shampoo and comditioner and their oil treatment then glimmer shine for the heat and some styling cream for moisture and their hair spray. It's really expensive but so worth it. Then I use a herstyle flat iron I got it from a booth in the mall and fell in love . My hair looks so healthy with the use of moroccaniol.

• I haven't used chemicals on my hair in a long time! But when I did I used Rusk radical anti curler relaxer! It was a really good product that pretty much eliminated any curl in my hair. But I still used a flat iron.

As far as products- use anything rusk! I love their heat protection spray. Oh and that new John Frieda 3 day straight is really good!

• I was SO close to buying the John Frieda 3day straight today -_-

• Yeah my man bought it for me a couple weeks ago and I love it, it's one of the best product I used. Just don't use to much or your hair will get really crunchy

• I use Chi, its the best

• -Tresemme heat protectant spray

-Chi straight guard

-Chi silk infusion

-John Freida full heat repair serum

-Got 2 b Glossy serum

I don't straighten my hair or use heat on it anymore because I'm trying to make it healthy again. -_- But if I would straighten it, those are the products I would use.