Girls... pigtails? Do you still do them?

Some can pull them off, but others I dunno. Seems like a kid thing too. Do you put your hair in pig tails still?

Just wondering. :-)

link

^ did any of you girls ever look like that when you were younger? Tee hee!

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 26

• Not just loose pig tails- although braided pig tails are about the most comfortable way to wear my hair ever. I'll do it if I'm having a lazy day at home because it's easy,it's comfortable, and nobody's going to see me- kind of like when I have a day where I hang out in pj boxer shorts, a sports bra and an old tank top. Those days sort of go together- a day off from life, which happens maybe once ever couple months.

I did it a lot more often when I was travelling this summer because I rarely had the time to worry about my hair and it's the kind of thing I could fall asleep with in on a train, bus or plane and still wake up looking pretty much the same. I also braid my hair (sometimes in pig tails) if I'm working in the forest on our property- much less likely to get caught or snagged in things the way a regular ponytail is.

I can rock pig tails and look cute, but since I tend to come off as younger than I am anyway, I generally prefer a more mature style- I want my co-workers and anyone else I might meet to take me seriously. So pigtails are kind of reserved for lazy days,vacations, or manual labour days.

• Lol These are a few of the hairstyles I grew up with:

link

link

link

And no, I don't wear pigtails anymore. lol

• Ok I gotta ask, but do you really have an afro? lol

• Right now, no. I like to wear my hair in twists link which is what I'm wearing at the moment. I'm gonna take them down over the weekend and leave my hair out for a week. So at that point my hair will be in a fro and other cute styles.

• I wear pigtails when no one is looking :P but they're low pig tails, not high ones haha

and yes, that's exactly what I looked like... only with REALLY BIG hair

• I sure didn't. My mom put my hair in braids as a child or a pony tail. When we were going to church I would have pigtails and my hair would find itself adorned in little bows and ribbons. Now that I am older I usually wear it in a bun or loose. But if I feel random I'll throw pigtails in. I think they look OK but are babish at a certain age.

• At home at times, but I never go out like that :)

• I do wear pig tails and I wear them with pride >:] *pushes glasses back on bridge of nose*

link

And no I was too cool as a kid to dress like that, and then middle school happened :P

I actually wear them like these, but now that my hair is layered it is a bit hard to do.

link

• 22 and still do it :)

• Yeah, I usually wear them to bed when its really hot. My hair is thick so when its long and its hot, I can't stand it, so the pigtails help my hair breathe a bit and let me sleep. I never had my hair done like that when I was a kid. I did wear glasses though and I am a nerd, LOL.

• Oh man that pic makes me think back to the good old 90's. ( Elementry school days for me) and yes I've looked that geeky before, including overalls. From time to time I end up wearing my hair in low pigtail braids with a baseball cap just because its easier to do when you don't have a lot of time to get ready before your first class starts.

• yes...i still wear pigtails (: all the time actually. I have a pic on my profile of me in pigtails lol

• I always found pigtails kinda painful, just how it can pull your hair. So I usually have a ponytail instead.

And no, I did not look like that when I was younger. =P For one thing, I didn't have glasses. XD

• Not anymore. I did a couple years ago randomly when I was like 18. The guy I had a crush on a the time was like "What are these?" but I think he kinda liked them =) Haha.

• nope I don't do pigtails O_o

• So I take it you never looked like the girl in the pic then? lol

• That's me! Even when I was in my thirties I would were them out in public.

• No not now lol.When I was in primary school yes my mum use to do it for me.

• No, I'm not seven anymore.

• LOLOLOL MARGRET HOT SLUT?

• Hahaha, no... I never did even when I was younger. I couldn't stand them! I always looked SO bad with them! I never, ever would now... ever...

• LOL! Not really. It makes me look like a little girl. =P I am trying not to look younger than I already do. =)

• haha I used to when I was like 5. but no, I don't wear my hair in pigtails anymore.

• Nope not at all! : ) ha ha I can't pull it off! So I don't do it! Pony tails are what I do! Lol

• Did you ever look like that girl in the pic? I don't know why that fascinates me haha

• Hahaha if I do my hair like that then maybe! Lol :D

• still do the pony tail deal..quick and easy ..no wasted time..as for pig tails def not 4 me...

• Umm when I was young, I could pull them off but choose not to. I bet I looked like that girl but w/o the glasses :)

• sometimes. I'll do two braids, helps make nice curls. but I don't go out in public like that... lol

• Only to sleep in, I'll put my hair into two braids. Don't know if that counts :)

• Naww. My hair is so short right now I can only barely put it up in a super messy ponytail.

When I grow my hair out long though I'll braid it and sh*t, but not pigtails.

• So I take it you didn't look like the girl in the pic at some point only asian? :-P

• Lol naw.

What Guys Said 2

• Seems kinda rare for girls to pull it off without looking trashy.

• Pigtails are hot! But not like that link. I don't like them to be braided. Where is that from by the way? It looks so familiar.

• The wonder Years haha, I'm watching it on netflix.

• :o F***I need to get a job and get back on Netflix again. lol