Color shoes for the grad ball?

Okay, white or black shoes? I've got a grey suit and a purple shirt with a white belt. Haven't made my mind up on the tie yet.

What Girls Said 1

• White cause it goes with the belt. Many guys I know had the same outfit as you do and they looked great with white shoes paired together. :)

What Guys Said 1

• Well basically you generally prefer to match your tie with socks, and belt with shoes.

But since you are already a little overboard with the epitome color palette of formal blacks and whites, I suggest you tone it down a little. Black shoes and black belt if you can get one. Go well with both grey and purple.

If you do decide on white shoes, you may even drop the tie, especially if its a totally different color. But nevertheless, try your best to make the whole outfit look cohesive and not too funky. Each color and component should compliment another.

Good luck for the ball