If you had to get one thing tattooed on you what would it be?I

I'm not against tattoos, but personally I've just never felt it's quite for me because I don't know of anything that I'd be willing to have indefinitely displayed on my body. But lately I've just been thinking a lot and I've been pondering about 'is there a phrase or an image that I think I could commit myself to / have meaning for me for life?"

Which brings me to my question... hypothetically speaking, if you had to get something tattooed on you that you just have some sort of connection with, what would it be and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a picture of mine in my profile, but it serves a dual purpose, in a way. The general outline is of a treble clef that is reference to Char Aznable of the Gundam anime series (some claim it's his initials in a styled way, which makes sense). I've always loved the design of it, so that's ultimately the symbol I chose.

However, every symbol has a deeper meaning, and here is mine: throughout my life I've always struggled with loneliness. My mother was hospitalized when I was young, and hospitalized more than once, and my father worked horrible hours, so aside from my little brother who was too young to remember much of anything now, I had no one. We'd moved and I had no friends, and no one seemed interested in being my friend.

Well, that story basically perpetuated itself, and then I started dating a gal, who three years in left me for someone else, and I lost a lot of friends due to my sadness and inability to move on as quickly as they would have liked. It just seemed as though everyone always left in the end, and I had nothing, no friends, no close family, no money, no place I called home, but I still had music. And when I thought about it, I'd always had my music. It was always there when I needed it, it couldn't leave, it couldn't judge, it couldn't argue, it couldn't fight, it was always there to carry and uplift and share and empathize. And I couldn't believe that I had forgotten this great friend of mine that I'd always had, and began to feel as though I should have a reminder - a physical representation of that which couldn't physically comfort me.

So, I gathered up enough cash, walked to the parlor, and the rest is history, and I don't for a second regret it.

What Guys Said 5

• I will probably get a ribbon on my right shoulder, followed by a joker face on my back with cards right below it (most certainly 5 aces), and then if I have time left the words "a contrario" on my lower lower back, just to complement the Cruz that I already there

• Probably on inner side of my right arm and it would be "5M10|12".

This is reminder of something I want to remember all my life. Others does not need to know what it is. (Although it is not that hard to figure it out for some)

• A barcode! Because like most people throughout my life I've been bought and sold like a commodity

• iam thinking my name in chinese calligraphy, among other things, mayan sun god, and maybe a japanese samurai mask, I already have 3

• Another sleeve.

What Girls Said 8

• One person said boyfriend, but I'm personally against that kinda stuff- on other people it's sweet, I mean, but I have trust issues, and I wouldn't want to get something permanent for something that's probably temporary (so no people stuff, basically, unless it was family... I met this guy once who had his family crest tattooed on his arm and I thought that was pretty neat.) But for me...I guess I'd rule out simple script because I could just get that custom engraved into a necklace or bracelet, so I guess a custom symbol on my ankle or the back of my neck.

• I got my sons name on the inner side of my left forearm, as your heart is on the left side of your body so that's why, on my right forearm I got my niece and nephew in the same size letters and writing,

On my left hand top side near my thumb I got a butter fly on its side showing only one half of it as if you were looking at it on the side, for me it represents the troubles I had with my ex over our son with court and so much drama, butterflies live 5 days to nine months this trouble lasted a year, it represent to me that I'm still her and whilever its on my hand the same hand as my sons name, we aren't going anywhere and they haven't broke me yet

on my upper left back I have 3 love hearts they just represent the 3 major people in my life, my sister my mother and my father, on my upper right hanf side of my back I have a larger single heart with curls aroud it meaning life that passed for my grandfather, :)

• I have a tattoo for my sisters, a tattoo for myself, so what's next? Hmm.

I'd get a tattoo about something general. Maybe get something that has absolutely no meaning - embrace the hedonism and use it as a reminder that not everything has to be deep, or over-analysed, but sometimes you just have to do something for the hell of it.

With that in mind, I think I'd get a monochromatic rose going down the side of my torso.

• I never thought of that before, nice take with the contrasting perspective of things perhaps not having meaning :)

• Thank ya:)

• The word Faith.

• I have this design I tend to draw on everything, its basically an eighth note with a heart instead of a rounded head. I used to re-draw in on in sharpie for a long time to the point where some people wear convinced it was real. (I was debating)

It's a simple integration of love and music. Its given me my friends, a career path, and passion.

I may get it someday when I have the $$

• That is hard because I never want a tatoo - natural skin is always beautiful but if I had to chose anything I think it would be a blue rose not fully bloomed.

• a symbol repersenting my boyfriend. I already have 4 tattoos , the one in my profile pix which is on my ribs / hip, neda symbol on my hand, hello kitty on my inner lip, and a heart with wings covering it. But the next one I'm probally gunna get is a star on the back my neck repersenting my boyfriend and he will do the same for me. Not really sure what imma get but it's gunna repersent him

• id say a star or a rose just to represent myself lol