Why do some girls wax off their eyebrows?

I've sen a lot of girls (Seems to be a trend lately) wax off a majority of their eyebrows... and then draw them on whenever they're going out or something... lol like wtf is the point?

lol link

Most Helpful Girl

• Cause some girls want to make them thinner by creating an arch. So they wax off a little and they are like: "just a little more." And then BAM, the whole eyebrow is gone. And then they are like: "sh*t, what am I gonna do? Oh well, I guess I have to draw them on again." And think that it looks alright and continues this look till who knows when. LMFAO.

What Girls Said 19

• I have no idea. It's just plain weird. Though I don't find it quite as strange as when women wax their eyebrows off completely, and then tattoo them on... That's what my aunt and cousin do. Freaks me out, haha

• Yeeaaahhhh...it's rediculous!

I hate it when girls do this. I just laugh at it though. They must look in the mirror and think DAMN I LOOK GOOD! haha

• lmao.

• :\ I think it looks bad, but I guess they like it. They want to change their natural shape of the brow.

• I don't know why they do it, I think it's bizarre and unattractive. As a guy do you think it looks weird?

• i naturally have very very thick and big eyebrows but I keep them plucked thin. I don't use eyebrow powder but some women do because they want a more defined look. its a look that differs from just having thick brows. they want to improve the shape (thats why they wax/pluck) but they still want the defined shape and color which is why they use makeup to draw them back in

• Because you tweeze out the stray, wild hairs to neaten them up, but not everyone has perfectly filled or shaped eyebrows even after tweezing, so darkening them and filling in the gaps with pencils makes them look better, it also emphasises the shape. Its not that difficult a concept really. Same as you guys shaving your beards into goatees. Why even shave them if you're going to have a goatee there in the first place? Because it looks better to have it neatly groomed. Same with eyebrows.

• yea but we don't shave off our beard and then draw it back on :)

• But you shave them into strange shapes. Its like you either want the beard or not, why go half and half? Same thing really.

• not really the same thing.. it would be the same thing if we used a pencil to darken the beard but whatever you say lol

• Well my eyebrows aren't as thick as the girl in the first picture, I wish they were like that. But I don't wax my eyebrows off and draw over them, I just buy an eyebrow tint and color in my eyebrows so they could be darker and that it shows that I have eyebrows.

See when I was 13? I liked this guy and so I thought if I had thin eyebrows he would find me "attractive" and he did I just didn't know, so I plucked my eyebrows terribly, my mom of course yelled at me for it and ever since then I have had horrible thin eyebrows, not VERY thin like the 3rd pic, but they look perfect now. Just goes to say "never change yourself for a man".

• It's to change the natural shape of your eyebrows, or to make them look more defined. Personally I think it's kinda stupid lol

• never touched my eyebrows, but all of my friends have gotten them waxed. And the majority of the time they never intended it for to be gone! The waxer just took it too far lol. Really, eyebrows are one of those things that people don't really pay that much attention to, unless its a unibrow or looks like there's a cat laying across your forehead

• Well since I've got some thick ass eyebrows that are hard enought just to keep groomed I would never do that lol too much maintainance...xX

As for other girls I get it if you have naturally thin eyebrows or have plucking mistakes and just wanna fill them out - but to wax fully then draw back on is redic!

They often look weird cause the shape doesn't suit the face when they're drawn but meh that's what you get ^_^...xX

• Haha mine look nothing like the link, but I wax them to make them look neater, but the hairs on my eyebrows are very light and sparse (like it looks gap-ish if that makes sense) so I use eyebrow powder to brush on and make them look like a better shape and color and stuff.

• its like most make up, usually you can't tell but most women who wear make up will do something to their eyebrows, its just when its overdone that it looks terrible

• I don't know why they do it but it looks awful!

this girl is very famous over here and she even has tattooed eyebrows hahaha

link

• If it's a medical reason then I have no problem with it but when someone does it on purpose it looks rediculous.

Ever notice that usually when a girl does it for a vanity reasons she is usually a bitch? I have notice it.

• i don't understand, nor do I like it. Eyebrows are not that hard to maintain.

I know this one lady, she had hers waxed, it turned out bad, and they never grew back at all. So she had the rest taken off and had eyebrows tattooed on... yikes.

• Some like the ability to change the complete shape of their brow though I will personally never do this.

• It's quite ugly! My eyebrows aren't naturally that thick but I don't pluck them all out.

If you actually have eyebrows, using a pencil to enhance them looks nice, because since there is actually hair there they don't look drawn on. But if you have little nothing-brows like those girls, it is quite ugly!

• maybe they want a more refined and defined look and pencil gives them more control

i mean, that's what I'm guessing. ipersonally have all my eyebrows

• but without the pencils they look so odd ... and with the pencils they look weird up close lol

What Guys Said 5

• Total agreement man lol. so weird!

• lol Those eyebrows that are drawn on look so f***ed up. It's always obvious too.

• Yeah, it looks awful...

• Seems like its for fun.

• I always laugh a little on the inside when I see them drawn on...