Which one is lying (mirror or photo)?

I don't get it. When I look in the mirror, I don't see a gorgeous person but I do see a person that is attractive enough. Even with all my flaws, my reflection isn't anything horrible. BUT when someone takes a picture of me, I look gross. I never like the photos people take of me. So, how come I can't see what the photo shows me. I tried to test it out to see if my friends look the same in the mirror as I see them and they do...so Idk...What's going on?

Most Helpful Guy

• well the mirror reverses what you look like so when you take a picture its not in reverse so your brain sees that as "different" not how you normally look, when in fact its how you normally look. Objects in the mirror and humans in the mirror don't look any different then they do in real life or photos its just your brain that thinks its different cause your use to seeing yourself a certain way.. ask anyone else if you look different in the mirror then in real and they will say no reason is because there brain sees is as it should be "the same" but you dont

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• I do believe some people are not photogenic. I've been told I look much different in my photos as opposed to real life.

• ha, same here. I've actually been told I don't look the same in pictures than the way I look normally, so I know it's not just me that thinks that. it might be the lighting, angle, and other variables. Or you and I really look like sh*t and we're too conceited to notice lol.

• That's why it will take me forever just to be satisfied with a picture ha ha :)

• I'm extremely photogenic so I look great in pictures. I look HORRIBLE in person and in the mirror.

Guys, if you see my profile of a dating website and I look like an 8, I really look like a 4 in person. Beware.

• Oh I know what you mean. The mirror highlights and catches the correct lighting making you look how you actually want to look while pictures make you look different by not capturing shapes and the lighting differently. I wear make up for photos and it helps very very much.