Can you wear black and navy blue together?

OK so I just went shopping so I got some new skirts, sweaters, tights, and boots. would this outfit look OK. a black short pencil skirt, tights ( either black , grey, or black ones that have little designs. which ones?), boots (either grey or grey and black ankle boots?), and a white shirt. could I also wear like a navy blue button up sweater over this? or a blue and white one?

I'm sorry if its a confusing question :) looking forward to your answers

Most Helpful Girl

• yes,they can work,but the colors are very similar so that's why people sometimes say that you can't wear them together,but if you're going to have a barrier between the colors (white shirt) it could work

• yeah I wasn't planning on buttoning it up but I get what you mean about seperating the colors. thanks :)

What Guys Said 4

• There wo't be a lot of contrast with black and navy blue so you'll look a little faded out in those colors. For evening wear in a club, maybe that look would be OK, but walking around, you'd look a lot better with more contrast.

• Navy blue is black.

• Of course you can.

• No you can't

What Girls Said 3

• No it's illegal and if you do I'll kill you. See, how ridiculous did that sound? Of course you can wear them together and they look just fine in an ensamble.

• of couse you can.

• yes you can :)