Should I get a tattoo to cover this scar?

I got this scar from burning myself with a curling iron. I mean if I got it in an epic knife fight I wouldn't want to cover it, but it has no story to it and I think it's lame.

link

I want to get a Celtic symbol (cross, knot, not sure yet) and the word "sidhe" (pronounced shee). The side are a race in Irish folklore, “the fallen angels, not good enough to be saved, not bad enough to be lost.”

I'm not really going to let you all make this decision for me, I just want opinions because a lot of my friends are anti-tattoo and therefore of no help to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Seriously, why is that a concern?

You must have it pretty good.

What Guys Said 5

• The idea is great :)

when did you get that scar, I would get the tattoo in black or brown.

if your scar may leave soon consider getting tattoo'd somewhere else

• I think that could be cool. But you need to be careful with wrist tattoos, and make sure you can cover one. I have a wrist tattoo, and it really does make people look at you differently once they notice it's there.

• I don't like tattoos on girls in all honesty.

• If that the only reason you want a tattoo then don't bother, nobody will care about a little mark. If you just want a tattoo I see no reason why you shouldn't.

• No.

What Girls Said 5

• Don't think I's a scar worth covering up, and I'm not a fan of wrist tattoos myself. Don't really like the way they look. Just my opinion though.

• Im not anti tattoo at all. If its because you are insecure about the scar, then don't be becuase its not a huge deal. If you are wondering about the tattoo itself, go for it, so long as you have the heritage to back it up.

• I'm actually not Irish in the slightest, I just really like the concept of sidhe. My boyfriend's Irish, but I don't think that counts.

• I do think that having it mean something to you is just as important :)

• Well, I heard that tattooing over scar tissue is different. I think you should go for a consultation.

• id say go for it I recently got a tattoo on my wrist and I LOVE it one of the best decsions I've ever made, just make suer you can handle it cause the wrist tatto was the second painful tattoo I've gotten like my ribs was a 10 and the wrist was like a 7 lip 2 and one on my hand was like a 1 on the pain scale and I can handle a lot of pain. so yea just think about it

• It's up to you, and how self conscious you are about it.

I wouldn't personally, I've burned myself a few times with a curling iron.. and pretty badly, it slowly fades away over time and you won't notice it.