Do/ have you ever found yourself ugly?

I look in the mirror, and I see ugliness. I actually avoid looking in mirrors now. I used to find myself pretty, but my mom started to put me down all the time, and tell me I'm ugly, and that I'm slut, Etc. And after a while, I started to believe it. So, my question is, Do you find yourself ugly? If you used to find yourself ugly, but now you don't, how did you change your point of view on yourself? Thanks(: This could really help me(:

Thanks for everything guys(: So, from reading all these answers, I found out that confidence makes a person prettier. And being "ugly" doesn't mean you have a hideous face, it can also mean that you just a have a bad personality that is making you ugly. So, if someone is reading this, and finds themselves ugly like I do, just be nice and kind to people, and be confident! We can get through it! To find outer beauty, we must fist find our inner beauty(:

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to think I was ugly, but now I don't. I had such deep, self-hate. It got to a point where I became my biggest bully. I was telling myself that I was ugly and didn't deserve certain types of moments, experiences, and guys.

I got tired of feeling so terrible all of the time. I wanted to know what my life could feel like. Realizing that my self-hate was stopping me from being happy, it had to go. So I began healing my broken self esteem. I accepted the fact that being ugly is something so much deeper than your face, just as well as being beautiful. Ugliness is not about not looking like a supermodel and not having anyone tell you how pretty you are. Being ugly is causing pain and destruction among others. Being ugly is being the type of person who stops progress in this world. I was NOT ugly. No matter how I looked, I was not that kind of person and I embraced that. In that moment, I felt all of my self doubt and pain lifting right up off me, like fog rising above the water. Ever since then, I started focusing on achieving true beauty which starts in the mind and the soul then spreads to the surface. I became a beautiful person on the inside, then I started taking better care of my appearance. I started trying products that were best for my hair, started getting my eyebrows done, started dressing fashionably and wearing a little make-up. But all of that was like icing on the cake because of the immense beauty I had built inside :)

• Oh, by the way, now I always have people telling me I'm pretty and beautiful and people tell me I should model :) I did it, so can you

• Message me if there's anything you need to get off your chest or if you need advice :)

• Thank you so much(:

What Guys Said 4

• Yup, the flaws just stare back. Sometimes, you just have to keep on living.

• But don't you ever feel like everyone is looking at you because of all your flaws? That's how I feel.

• What confidence? I'm hiding.

• The confidence to be able to say "Then just let them look"

• I used to think I was fat and ugly.

then I started doing a lot of sports.

now, one year and 30 pounds later I'm starting to grow into a pretty good looking guy, and it's still going the right way.

I have a lot more confidence now.

I couldn't look myself in the eyes before. Now I can look anyone in the eyes and feel no shame.

• I'd say I'm below average, appearance-wise. I wouldn't think I'm ugly enough to turn heads, though; I generally tend to go unnoticed, in spite of my size.

I do dislike seeing myself in mirrors, though, but that's just because I don't like me.

• Yeah, I avoid mirrors, reflections, pictures.. It's gotten pretty bad.

• Why do you dislike seeing yourslef in mirrors then?

• Oh, I've hated myself for years, now. I can't say I'm totally certain why, but I have a feeling it's because I direct most of my anger at myself. I used to rage much more outwardly when I was a kid, but I guess I just somehow learned to channel it inwardly.

No sense in whining about it.

• Yes I have, sometimes I look in the mirror and am very pleased with what I see, but other times I look and focus on my imperfections.

I've realized that you have to be comfortable in your own skin and be proud of who you are. When you can do this, you tend to walk a little taller with more confidence, which in turn adds to your attractiveness.

What Girls Said 12

• When I was younger, I probably had the worst self-esteem ever. I thought I was fat and ugly. You know what's ugly? The pain you cause on yourself. and then people take start feeding off this and contribute to your low self esteem. Speaking from experience, it's not worth it to destroy yourself like this and its definitely not worth it to deal with those people.

Now I'm definitely not skinny and I don't think I'm "pretty" but I feel attractive and I'm confident and feel good about myself. Confidence changes everything and it brings out the best in you and other people. In gr.12 I had some sort of revelation... my marks were great, I changed my hair color, I received compliments about my looks and other things and I started hanging around with different people. I bought new clothes and wore outfits I liked. Look in that mirror and tell yourself you're beautiful. When you feel good, it really shows on the outside in everything you do and its an extremely attractive quality. I've learned the hard way that the people who put you down are not worth it. They're pathetic and do not let them get to you. You're better than that. :) Surround yourself with good things and good people and be positive in life. It's amazing how things turn around by themselves :)

• Wait, so just being confident can improve your looks?

• For me confidence helped me see myself in a different way. I can say this from personal experience that just by being confident, other people notice you and it goes from there. As soon as I changed my POV, people started to notice me and even complimented me more and good things started to happen so then I started to feel attractive. It kind of all fits into place. At least that's what happened to me. But when you boast that kind of energy and people smile at you its easy to feel attractive.

• Also, it was kind of like an intrinsic motivator to get myself to think I'm attractive and it worked. I like what you wrote in the update. that inner beauty helps you find outer beauty. :D

• I am absolutely certain that I am ugly, or at the very best, below average. Fortunately, I don't give a sh*t.

• I bet your not ugly! But, just curious, did you always have confidence like that, or did you start to develop it over time? (I don't mean that to sound rude. I wish I had the kind of confidence you do)

• It definitely developed over time. I used to care about it a lot. I went through times when I could barely stand to look in the mirror. But I guess at some point I realized that stressing myself out about it wasn't going to change anything. A lot of the things that I dislike about myself can't easily be fixed. My time is better spent focusing on things that I CAN control. If I'm ugly, so be it. I'm not going to let that stop me.

• Good for you!(:

• Of course I used to find myself ugly.. Most of us go through some sort of faze where we are constantly looking around to see how we stack up next to others.. That is exactly the problem... STOP looking around. Dress YOURSELF in an outfit YOU like that flatters YOUR positive attributes. DO or DON'T do your make-up in a way that pleases YOU. Style YOUR hair how YOU think it looks best... Look in the mirror at the person reflected and smile at it compliment yourself on how put together and cute you are and move ON! Your mother does NOT get the privilege of determining how you feel about yourself. People that WANT to make you feel bad are pathetic.. Don't let them have their way..

• Thank you(: I really appreciate it<3 I'll try it(:

• Yeah some days... like today for instance. But I just tell myself to stop being such a downer and that I'll get over it, and I focus on positive things like what I'll be doing when the weekend comes around or dinner (lol) or something.(:

• When I was younger I was disgusted with myself. make up couldn't hide my ugly to me.

But as I got older everything seemed to changed and even facially I have to say I am pleased with the aging process. I used to consider myself ugly

but now I have to say I am reasonably attractive

• It's different for me. Like, Make-up makes me feel better about myself. I don't care if other people like my maeup, because It makes me feel better about myself, so of course, I'm always wearing makeup. I find myself looking like an ogre without makeup. :P

• have you considered your the only one who feels that way?

like you may feel ugly but I bet you anything others don't think so.

when I went through my " I'm so ugly stage" everyone was like " no your not!"

• Yeah, people will tell me that I'm really pretty, but I don't believe them, and just think they're saying it because they don't want to be mean.

• Not my face but I do have those moments when I'm looking at my hips and my butt, thinking damn I gotta lose some weight

• Well, I've never felt bad about my body. Just my hair ,face ,Etc.

• Yeah, all the time.

• But your profile picture is so gorgeous!

• You're probably not even ugly. With all the make up and hair products out there there's no way. Without make up I'm repulsive hahaha.

• Hahaaa!(: Trust me, I'm quite fond of makeup. :D

• I still find myself ugly but it makes me feel better when random people from my school and my friends compliment my best feature which is my eyes

When I hear a compliment my self esteem climbs just a little bit higher and it also helps to keep repeating that song "You are beautiful" in your head the one that goes " you are beautiful in every single way words can't bring you down, so don't you bring me down today"it sure helped me

My advice to you is find something you like abt yourself (for me its my eyes) and work from there soon enough you'll find your self beautiful again... and try the song

I really hope this helps

• I have but I have also admired myself because there are days such as bad hair day and haven't-gotten-any-sleep day. I am having both right now though they are fixable. Don't avoid mirrors they aren't mean and they won't bite. Also don't let MOM tell you anything - for all you know she is the ugly slut. So don't let her bring you down.

• I avoid mirrors at times. And pix...I get compliments but I don't believe them because no guys ever approach me & I'm afraid to because if they don't even look at me...then I'll probably get rejected.

• Same here! I have even started dramatic changes to myself to try and get attention from guys. Like. I dress.. slutty. And do things that I'm not proud of, but I'm so desperate for attention, to make myslef feel better. I never thought that I would do stuff like that,

• I just got enough confidence to find myself pretty when I was 18... but now I guess my confidence in that is decreasing again... :(

• When I was younger. I just started to develop confidence after I felt comfortable being my own person and all that. I don't know how but it just kind of happened. I started to get more attention from guys, I mean overall I am attractive, I was just insecure.

I feel good when I walk around in underwear, for some reason being naked ups my confidence.

• Yeah, same with me! I feel pretty when I walk around in my underwear, but sadly, I can't go to school in my underwear <3