What small things make a big difference in a girl's attractiveness?

For example things like having manicured fingernails/ toenails...do guys notice or appreciate the small efforts women make?

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually I don't notice the "little things."

Things I definitely don't notice:

-When a woman does anything to their fingernails or toenails. I don't typically pay any attention to these body parts at all so it would take a pretty "loud" nailpolish/decoration job to draw my attention there, and if it's enough to draw my attention, it's bad.

-When a woman dyes her hair a different shade of the same color it already was, or simply puts highlights in it. I don't notice this at all and I've had numerous women complain about not being noticed when they do it. A particular example, in fact. I used to have a co-worker named Kathy who is a natural blond. She once dyed her hair a different (apparently, slightly darker) shade of blond and nobody noticed except for a couple female co-workers. She got very upset nobody noticed and said anything.

-Getting your hair trimmed. When your hair is fairly long (I'd say shoulder length or longer) and you get a couple of inches taken off as part of maintenance trimming, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

-Putting in different color contacts. This is going to sound weird, but when I look at a woman's eyes, I pay attention to the shape, not the color. Do your eye makeup in a way that makes them appear to be shaped differently and I'll notice. But change the color and I won't. Come to think of it, this applies to everything. I notice shapes, not colors. I don't notice you doing your makeup differently when you're using different colors of lipstick or eyeshadow. I do notice, however, when you use makeup to reshape your face, if that makes sense.

-Ear piercings. The only time I ever notice a woman's earrings at all is when they're those dangly kinds, which I can't stand.

Things I do notice:

-Getting your hair dyed a completely different color. Not just a different shade, but I mean going from blond to brown or something like that.

-Doing your makeup in a way that's meant to change the shape of your facial features via optical illusions.

I typically dislike unnatural looking things, so if you do any of these things that I DO notice, it's pretty much always a bad thing IMO.

What Guys Said 10

• The anonymous douche below me is the reason my some girls generalize us.. Thanks doucher.

• OMG - the example you gave is my PRIMARY characteristic I see in a girl. I love girls who take care of their hands and feet. I love them when they wear light bangles in their hands that makes the jing jing sound. I love them in flat shoes. I for some reason do not like heels all the time. I just love girls who knoe how to carry themselves.

• how she caries herself...oh and you will never get a guy if you aren't real and honest...so don't like do your hair and stuff iy you don't like doing it...just be yourself

• a nice smile goes a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way =)

• Some, but at the same time not really. Were still stuck just on your body and face & the way you carry it.

• i got you sexy...manicure and pedicure...mascere...highlights (oh god yes the highlights) matching and not wearing the same clothes every day...show some cleavage and evernow and then show that ass off in spendax always do your eyebrows...chapstick for juicy lips...everynow and then do something hot like wear a beanie or a hat...(that gets my juicies flowing)

• We don't notice any of that. Just dress nice and have a positive attitude.

• If it's obvious, such as you started wearing makeup or something then we might notice it. Why you're doing it, I don't know. If we like you, then we already like you. You shouldn't be trying to impress guys because it's what you think we want. BE YOURSELF.

I remember one time when my crush back in high school said she had a surprise for me, it was that she had done something different with her hair. I had to ask my dad what she meant and he said "usually when they say that, they did something to their body, such as a new hairstyle". She never felt the same, therefore, she was being herself...just not for me, get it?

• An extra cup size. Or 3!

• No love for this answer huh? Are we disputing that bigger boobs is a small thing or that it makes a big difference?

• Nope. I am just looking at your boobs anyway

• this is very true

• What if she has none, where do you look then?

• I tell her to turn around so I can look at her ass while she's speaking instead

What Girls Said 2

• they expect them ya know being a girl and all but I don't think they really care a real man only appreciates them as a whole

• Well I do think that girls look prettier with groomed eyebrows. But guys don't notice if it's been two weeks and you're starting to get a little bit of stray-hair growth under your brows and are due for a new wax or threading.

I don't think they really notice or care about nails. Many guys hate obviously fake long nails. I do think toenails should be painted though, I find bare toenails kind of gross.