Is it vain to think you're beautiful?

I think I'm attractive, but I don't say it to people. If someone asks me what I look like I say I'm average, but that's not what I actually think and not what other people think either. Girls around me always complain about how they look, and I end up doing the same thing because I don't want to sound conceited. Why is it so wrong to think I'm beautiful and admit it when people ask me? I mean questions online by the way, such as on GAG.

Most Helpful Guy

• No I don't think it has to be. It becomes vain when you start to concentrate on your looks and try to gain compliments. As long as you're modest about it and don't let it get to your head, it's okay.

What Guys Said 4

• nothing wrong with confidence, as long as its not cockiness. most girls just put down their looks because their fishing for compliments. gets very annoying very quickly. id rather date the confident woman who knows what she's got. she doesn't have to be reminded everyday

• just don't go overboard

• Nope. Nothing wrong with that.

• Too many people are too hard on themselves, too many people don't even try to work their flaws, and too many fail to even realize that it's actually important!

No, it's not vain! It's healthy!

Vain means if you wear only high-fashion brand clothes which cost 200$ and higher per piece and look down on everyone else like they'd be inferior to you.

By the way, wearing expensive brands doesn't make a girl even visually beautiful, as every sane person knows that stuff is just an overpriced scam, but dressing up the way YOU look good of course is nice!

What Girls Said 3

• lol I don't think it's vain or wrong. Just don't assume you're better than other people because you have confidence.

• I guess thinking about it is fine. Last night a guy told me I should get slapped for not thinking I am beautiful. Whatever that means.

• I was ugly batty before,fat...Idon't know what is wrong with the guys, if they digusted with my look just stay away and don't mocking me. I have huge traumatic of being ugly before until I met my ex, he doesn't really give me that attention, I hate myself, and questions arise on my mind. So after broke up with him, I decide to take care of myself and be strong.Even though I notice a lot of different now, I still always remember that I was a fat ugly girl, but I forgive and get a new life.