Girls are worse critics than guys?

I noticed that girls are worse critics than guys. for example - when girl has dyed hair and her roots are grown all girls tell its disgusting. but guys won't notice it, or they just don't matter. why? the same with damaged acrylic nails, bad teeth...everything.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because when it comes to a woman's looks, men pay more attention to the whole picture than the little details. If the girl as a whole still looks good, then having roots showing won't matter one bit.

What Guys Said 6

• It's about what you notice. Girls tend their nails they are thinking about how it looks. So they notice this on others. And hence they criticize.

Try to have scratch on car and show car to man and woman. I bet you get more critic from a man. Install bad software on nerds computer and see what you get. Girls usually don't even notice.

So I don't think that man and women criticize much more or less. Just on different things!

• I think that its kind of more likely to happen to woman and men with things that they do and are a part of their life , for example : Its common for men not to dye their hair or do the things that you pointed out for their self .. So they don't notice it so much as women that spend some of their time doing all those things , but even when we notice we don't mind .

For men it may be a sport that they are involved in , we do become critics some times too , but probably less than women :P

Idk as I did not think of it till now , but that's mostly what I think of it .

• It's basically true , when we do notice , most of us don't really care a lot .. women tend to be more critic about themselves and especially other girls than men are .

however , we don't like total slums either lol

• Yeah, you girls are your own worst enemies.

• Women know very well that undermining others is a good way to keep ahead. Push others down make you stand up. It's an agressive defense mechanism based on insecurities. Men are more confident overall so less prone to act like this. But men tend to criticize others skills to flatter their own ego and look more manly (that guy driving sucks etc...)

• Because men typically are giving you the answer you "want to hear". Why should we go into some rant about how you did your hair wrong or something. It can come off as a "gay vibe"

What Girls Said 4

• most likely... I am less critical of men tho... like if they are a little insecure I find that cute but most guys would tease them about it. men are harsh on each other and women are harsh on each other..

• welcome to the world of trying to be a girl. They could make the Taliban cry I swear...girls/women are more evil to each other than you will ever know or understand. Be glad you don't get it.

that's why most of the time we don't dress for you(like those questions about 'why do you wear xyz is it cause you know it drives us crazy?' make me laugh cause no usually not lol) we're dressing for other women most of the time because we know THEY are the ones judging us with the most critical eye.

• Men are harsh on other men. I've heard men automatically call a guy a "douche" or a "chump" based on something as simple as his shoes or hat. Also, they criticize the way other guys play sports, drive, build things, etc.

• Most women assume that guy's opinons are honest but women's opinons are unacceptable and bias because they think that other women are jealous...Apart from that, women see other women as competition so when they voice out their opinon its irritated to them...

• you maybe know that when a girl has new haircut, her Boyfriend will notice it when she will tell it to him, but other girls will notice it so quickly. so why that?

• Because girls always want to compete with each other so whatever their buddy do will got noticed... : )