Is it crazy that this makes me feel like other petite women are luckier than me?

I hear women that are 5'1", 5'2" or 5'3" complain about being so short and how hard it is for them. I tend to think that they are a lot luckier than me because I'm only 4'8" and 94 pounds and I'm 19. So I have a hard time finding clothes for my height and size, I have one select place for pants and one for tops( 2 stores or maybe 3). I also have a hard time with guys unless I know them personally, they think I'm at least 13 instead of a full grown 19 year old. I wish I was at least 5'...You think that's crazy to consider women 5' to 5'3" lucky?

*selective

Most Helpful Girl

• At least you're not a tall amazon woman like me. To me you look your age despite your smallness actually. I know how you feel about not being able to find clothing in your size. What I hate about women's clothing is they make things wider but they don't make things longer. The good part about being small is your can take your clothing to a tailor if they're too big. Don't worry about guys. Guys actually prefer small girls like you.

• Thanks...And yea, I think short girls like me and tall girls have a hard time . :/ I hate how most dresses or skirts look on me.

• Skirts, shorts, and dresses that are a modest length always look skimpy on me so I give everything that's too short for me to my mom who is 5'3"-I got all of my height from my dad.

• aww...I'm the opposite. I don't have a problem with short shorts, but skirts and dresses, even minis look too long and hippy(curvy) because I don't have hips either. I get my height from my from my mom who is 4'11" but my dad's average height...It kind of sucks for us, lol.

What Guys Said 2

• It varies, some guy might think you're the best thing on earth, so you'll find someone eventually :)

• It's all relative. The 5'2" girls say their only friends are ants and wish they were 5'6". You wish you were 5'2. Just be happy with yourself and find someone that will accept you for who you are.

• That's my problem, it's hard to find someone because I look a lot younger. :/

• So take the initiative and talk to guys. Do not wait for them to come to you. =) There are some short guys that feel like they have no chance with girls as well. Maybe you are just the right fit for each other. If you feel you have a problem finding a guy then talk to more guys... The more you meet and get to know, the better your chances.

• I have tried but am often seen as vulnerable.

What Girls Said 2

• Well since you're shorter than them it's normal. I'm 5'3", but I don't think its hard. I just don't like people teasing me about my height. :l My one friend I don't know how tall she is, but when she hugs me her head is at my belly button. That's how short she is, I can't imagine how hard it is to find clothes for your age group bein' that short. x.X

• I guess I feel they are lucky because they too are also the ones that tease me, and they get teased less than I do when I am around... And yea, I usually wear hollister pants and they fit but are too long even in short. :/ And I wear express tops and leggings in xxs or xs. But those are about the only stores I can go to. In American eagle their pants fit too big in the waist and are too long. :/ but the tops are OK in an xs. So yea. :/

• I know a guy who loves girls who are 4'8..

• Really? Sometimes people make me feel like I'm abnormal or deformed.

• Well thanks. I'm trying to embrace it but it's a little hard at time. I mean I don't hate it, I just feel discouraged in the "finding a guy" department.

• I know how you feel. I'm on the same boat as you.

It takes time and that's okay.