Do you think you're good looking?

Inspired by the question asked about the downsides of being attractive. As I scrolled through the responses and checked out the answerer's profiles, I couldn't help but notice some of the girls describing all the downsides of being so attractive ("I don't feel safe walking alone, I get catcalls, people only like me cause I'm good looking!) were not particularly physically attractive IMHO. Which brings me to my question. Do you honestly think you're physically attractive? Because some of these people who were, in all honesty, average on a good day, were describing their attractive people hardships as if they were a goddamn VS model. Do you know any people like this who seem to think they're attractive when they so obviously are not? Are they delusional?!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think most girls my age and younger can't see the difference between good looking and easy looking I know so many ugly-average looking girls that go round with their t*ts hanging out and they think just because a few guys stared at their boobs, hit on them and wanted to hook up with them they are sexy, beautiful etc... The biggest contributor that makes girls think they are more attractive then they are is the fact there is a difference between girl pretty and guy pretty and most importantly girls blatantly lie about how attractive their friends are and the fact so many people feel the need to give excessive compliments. From what I have seen the more average looking a girl is/ least threatening a girl is the more compliments from girls she will receive. I am the type of person that finds how people act interesting and what I'm talking about is mainly what I keep see happen. I don't think I'm that attractive but I know I am, I think my body is bad/average and my face is pretty but people treat me like I'm super pretty/beautiful and fairly hot which I cannot even understand. People who are overly confident about their looks are so beyond annoying mainly when it's guys who think they are super hot and can try to be players -.-

• great answer! I agree with everything you said

What Guys Said 16

• Can you provide the link to the question which you are referring?

• I think I'm decent looking. Not gorgeous by any stretch of the imagination though.

I know some very average to homely girls who think they are perfect 10's. It's nice that they have confidence though. I admire their confidence, but that's about it.

• I think I'm good looking for the most part... Not a 9 or 10 by any means, but I ain't ugly! ;)

• Ew gross. I am NOT good looking. I'm disgusting and ashamed of it.

But...

What can I do?

• Yes... Or at least some tell me

• I'm decent looking but if I was in great shape I'd be the sh*t.

• F*** yeah, I'm sexy.

• I think I'm good looking but a lot of the time I don't feel like I am.

• i think I'm alright lol

• I'm not Trey Songz , R-Kelly, Usher, or Lex Steel, but good looking.

• Average. Long hair don't care. lol

• The only thing I've got going for me is my face...but that hasn't resulted in much so far.

• no.

• Even though I get people complimenting me, telling me otherwise, I feel hella ugly.

• Yes I am damn good looking and proud about it!

• yes, but I don't like my look

What Girls Said 22

• If they think they're beautiful there is no harm in that. That is actually a good thing because low confidence is a huge problem in this world. People have killed themselves over low self-esteem. I prefer they be that way.

• I do not think I am physically attractive at all.

I hate to admit it because low self-esteem is also unattractive. . .

My only wish though, is to stay forever healthy-looking and youthful.

And if I had my way, I'd like to be seen as cute--- Rather than super sexy or physically attractive.

(Does that last comment sound weird?)

Anyways, in MY opinion, the number one thing that causes a person to be seen as physically attractive has to do with MONEY.

*When you're in the money that means you have the cash to buy better-fitting clothes. You look more pulled together, sleek and your body looks better.

*If you have money you are allotted more fashionable clothes and sexy stilettos. That means more confidence! Confidence is sexy!

*You have the cash to constantly get those expensive waxes so that you're always sleek and smooth.

*You can keep your hair perfectly highlighted and dyed so that you can whip it around flirtatiously. ;D

*You can keep your fake nails in tip top shape.

*Facials will keep your skin flawless. . .

*You can afford the gym. Maybe even a personal trainer so that you tummy is always flat.

*Botox injections and maybe even fake boobs have the ability to keep a woman looking forever young and perky.

*And a fake tanning session can make even the dullest, pasty-looking person appear glowing, thinner and unblemished.

*Not to mention teeth whitening. . .

*Money can even buy you a fast car that oozes sex appeal and is a sure-fire way to attract the opposite gender. . .

Why do you think all of the celebrities are always so glamorous and gorgeous? Even if they started out as an unattractive nobody?

Money.

God knows I'm poor.

I cannot even afford to buy myself new hand weights or a jump rope! (I lost both of my older ones after I moved.)

I cannot afford to get contact lenses. So I am stuck with my goofy-looking glasses I bought from Walmart that CONSTANTLY break. :P

Sometimes I even have to wait to buy new razors, so I have to skip several shaves. Lol.

Not to mention that at times I have to go without dying my hair for 2 months at a stretch! Leaving me with ugly-looking two-tone hair. Ick!

And if I cannot buy my face wash, I break out with these huge bee-sting looking blisters. . .

SO, yeah, money plays a big part.

BUT I make do as is. My Fiancee is the only man I need to impress. We suffer together and love each other no matter how disgusting we may appear. Lol.

• LOL! I do know what you mean, but I rather them believe they are hot as heel than think they are ugly. It's something I wouldn't change. Too many people have no confidence.

I think I'm cute, but I have days where I think I am fugly. It's normal though, I think.

• lol I just don't understand how some people who are unnattractive can think they are so hot. It boggles my mind but I wish I had half their confidence

• Word! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I just think to myself, "more power to them" I mean, it makes me laugh. I like being around them too because I get a kick out of it! lol! It takes weird mind boggling thing for me to get my kicks. =P

• erm this is awkward to say outloud... but I mean... I love the way I look haha. wouldn't change it for the world. do I have imperfections? hell yeah. but I mean, I like those too... so I just like the way I look, the clothes I wear, how I hold myself, blah blah blah... I'm just super comfortable in my skin. and even if I see a girl whos prettier than me I don't care because I FEEEL like the prettiest girl in the world haaha. even though I most definitely am not.. I'm just an ultra confident person I guess. I hope this didn't come across the wrong way at all haah

• Yes,i think I'm attractive. And it sounds like the people you are describing maybe just has something called self esteem or confidence.So...good for them.

• Yes they do, maybe a little more than they need

• I'm pretty, but nothing remarkable.

Beauty is all about perception. Just because you don't think they're attractive doesn't mean other people won't. I can't imagine how self-confidence can be a negative, so long as it doesn't transpire into conceitedness and arrogance.

• meh,i have the potential but I choose not to use it

• Depends on the day really. Sometimes good sometimes bad. The mirror warps our minds. Who knows really! lol.

• I think I'm average. I don't have any of those "hardships" though haha. I've like never been hit on.:P

• i feel attractive at times, other times I just think I'm average. certain people make me feel gorgeous though :)

• I've been told I am but I have a hard time seeing it sometimes. Sometimes I feel pretty and other times I feel gross.

• I'm me, so it's whatever.

I consider myself cute (: but like others said there are some days where I'm sure I don't look so great.

• Nope. My looks are basically run of the mill.

• Average.

• Hell to the no! I hate how I look...I'm really insecure about my looks.

• I know, most of those girls were not the hot stuff they were claiming to be. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying you're average or ugly. You can think you're average or ugly and not hate yourself and want to commit suicide. I got called a douchebag on the question that inspired this one lol.

• Yes I do think I am attractive and I have been told by many people that I am, and I do get a lot of interest from guys so I must be. I mean, in my case I have big boobs and a big ass, so I'm sure that's part of it. I don't go around thinking I am a VS model but I am attractive. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though.

It's better to think you are attractive as long as you don't go brag to everyone and put other people down. It's not good to be insecure. If a girl thinks she's sexy she's conceited, and if she thinks she's not she's insecure. So it's a catch 22.

• yes, a downside is people constantly telling me I'm a waste of good looks.lol... I just hate that type of attention, I don't want to be seen as pretty or attractive, I wear baggy clothes and hardly fix my hair, since I was little I was a dare devil and was constantly getting hurt doing jack ass type stunts, and would play in the mud.. and still do.lol. my hands are all callused and roughed up from playing the guitar and riding my bike. The whole thing about fear of being raped is true, I think that may be a reason for me putting on some pounds, trying to look unattractive to the opposite gender, so to be honest beauty isn't everything, and beauty fades forsure... another downside is people thinking, how could you possibly have problems? you are pretty, your white, you are healthy.. not many people understand that just because you look good doesn't mean you have problems. My mom is very beautiful but she married a man just so he could take care of her and she will always be a child, my dad can't stand her and nobody else can either, she is miserable, but judging from her appearance you would never guess that. I have a friend who has modeled for companies like Chanel, she is addicted to coke and her mom is an alcoholic, and she has no dad, among many other issues.. so remember when you see a beautiful girl in a magazine, her life is far from perfect, we all have struggles no matter what you look like.

• Pretty much what RedThread said haha. If I was in shape and I had an "imperfection fixed" then I would be rocking it but other than that I am just me :)

• Nah, I think I'm ugly. Not afraid to admit it.

• As a girl, I think it's natural to wonder about this certain question. Personally, I think I'm average. I'm not drop dead gorgeous but I'm not butt ugly either. Most of the time I don't care what I rate on the physical attractiveness scale because I've already got a boyfriend who loves me even after waking up next to me in the morning when women tend to look their worse xp bad breath, messy hair, and for some-- no makeup. But in all honesty, I would rate myself as a 6 or 7

• No. Guys will hit on anything with t*ts, which women realize as they get older.