So, last semester in my gender studies class, we had a discussion about how women dress up for other women, not for men. So a female would rather wear something really sexy to basically show off towards women then to try to impress the guy she's on a date with. In my own experience, I dress up to go hang with the guys but I don't really care about another woman's opinion. Do you ladies find this to be true to yourself? Or fellas, do you also find this to be true in the girls surrounding you (your gf, sister, etc.) ? Any opinion/answer would be great. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• One thing I've noticed is it's much easier for a girl to dress very nicely than a man. This is of course speaking from a man's perspective but I rarely find men dressed very nicely, mostly I find guys dressed as if they have no self respect for themselves.

Women on the other hand, I was at the mall yesterday and holy crap every single woman there was dressed incredibly. All different styles, all different colors, and it all looked outstanding.

So if women dress to show off to other women, they may not realize it but they're also making themselves incredibly attractive to men too.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• Actually, I could care less about how other women perceive my style. I really dress for myself, and I'll admit, sometimes for the guys.

• I dress for myself and I'll admit sometimes other women. Guys are gonna like whatever you put on so it doesn't really matter. They don't understand fashion so if you wear labels they wouldn't get it. A girl could wear sweatpants no makeup, and her hair in a bun and still get attention for guys so I learned there's really no point in dressing for them lol.

• i like to dress up for the guy. Looking good for him is important. I never heard of that though. But it seems like women are always in competion with one another.

• awesomeworld. co. uk

There are a lot of dresses :D

• Try to look at this PromOutfitters. com they have a lot of cute dresses..

• Both to be honest. Like if I'm going to a party and I'm looking to attract a guy I also take into consideration what other girls there would think. It kind has to be a healthy inbetween of fashion and style, and sex appeal. Hate to say it tho.