Is it really bad luck to get name tattoos?

How many people you know that have each others name on there body that's still together

Most Helpful Guy

• Only an idiot would do that

What Guys Said 5

• Johnny Depp has a tattoo that says "Wino Forever." It started out as "Winona Forever." It's a bad idea. I know lots of people who have covered up tattoos or live with tattoos that have exes names on them. Most relationship end. Only a small percentage of relationships end in marriage, and of those about half will fail. I would recommend against it.

• I wouldn't say bad luck as much as I'd say it's just stupid. My sister in law got my brother's name tattooed on one of her shoulder blades. Long story short: She became interested in another guy not 3 days after she got the tattoo and tried pursuing him. She's now expecting a divorce from my brother and still has his name tattooed on her I assume.

So yeah, very dumb idea even if things don't end badly.

• instead of getting a name of someone your in love with, get the name of a loved one who passed, I think it would be a tribute to them every time you see their name you'll remember the good times and the advice they gave you when you were lost and confused

• Honestly it's just a terrible idea

• hmmm I am not sure.

What Girls Said 6

• My dad has my moms nickname on him, they're still married. Course he got it on there 20th anniversary.

My sister has her kids names, and me and my other sister's name on her - and she still won't tattoo her husbands name. Just cos you're never sure what will and won't last forever.

I'd never get a partner's name on me. Rather get something that symbolises your relationship, than something so permanent and irrevocable.

• Name tattoos should only be of your children and the deceased. Because they will always be your children and you will always have certain memories of those who have passed.

• no, not bad luck. it's just really f***ing stupid.

unless it's a dead family member or something idk.

• I would never get a name tattoo. Maybe if it was a very very good friend of mine that I never went a day without seeing I would get a tattoo of something to represent them but never a name.

• not bad luck, just stupid.

• not a single one. don't go there.