What do you think of the 1950's pin up style?

I think it fits the female body so much better than modern clothing. The hair and makeup are a glamorous bonus to the look, some people might think I'm crazy for wearing it on a regular basis but I love it. What are some other opinions & what era's fashion do you like the most? (picture on profile)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm indifferent. Wear whatever you feel like wearing.

What Guys Said 5

• Sure, it's flirtaitious in a girl-next-door-way and actually tame by recent standards. I go for it. It reminds me of the photos at the gun club.

• 3000th Answer:

I like what's now but I iwsh I could go back to the 90's to cop all the retro OG Jordans & nike SB

• I have always been in love with the 50's pin up style, I love retro stuff.

• Looks great :)

• I think it depends on the specific female body, but definitely works for girls with thin waists and substantial curves. GREAT look! Looks like it suits you well as you look like you have a dramatic hourglass figure. What are your measurements?

• i'm not sure, I've never measured myself. I'm working towards hourglass...don't think I'm quite there yet.

• Just measured 35-26-34.5. almost hourglass.

• I think that could be considered hourglass. What's your cup size?

What Girls Said 7

• I love how clothes from that era really emphasized the female shape! If you have an hourglass figure (and it looks like you do in your picture) then this style is golden :)

Your dress is beautiful by the way. Where did you get it?

• thanks so much :) the skirt is from h&m and the shirt is vintage.

• well I like it,and it's true that it makes our curves more defined-but since you're under 18,and so am i-we should keep this in mind-those clothes are very sexual,WOMEN wore them to accentuate their curves and to translate an image of fertility-that's not something I want to see from kids.

• you think the outfit in my profile isn't appropriate for 17 years old?

• well look,you are covered up-which is an achievement in this day and age,but it is quite tight which makes you seem sexual. I'm not saying it's inappropriate,and that you shouldn't wear what you like,but the style was meant for women in a time when fertility was everything to a woman,it's meant to make you appear ''ready to breed'' so I think it would be better to keep it for someone who is just that,ready and legal.

• you're actually right and to the next extreme everyday women did not wear these type of cloths & they were considered scandalous for that time. But at 17 most girls I know have some sort of sensuality about them. I dress the way I do because I like it, to me its classy, sexy, & timeless. I totally get what your saying though.

• Hottttttt

• I would of LOVED to have been born in that era of style.

Deffinalty the most flattering clothing, and stlye woman could wear.

• love it

• It's cute on the right person but some people look funny as a pinup person.

• I love it.