What should I wear to this college party I'm going to?

Tomorrow I'm going to a party with my boyfriend and all his best friends are going to be there. My boyfriend literally gave me no notice before I met them all for the first time (about 2 weeks ago) so I didn't look my best. I found SUCH a nice dress (it's tasteful but really sexy) and is sort of short and it's black, which I would like to wear. The problem is that this is sort of an "ugly Christmas sweater party", and I'm unsure of whether I should wear my dress or not.

It's not really formal or anything, and I was thinking that maybe if I just put on a Santa hat it'd be fine. My boyfriend isn't wearing a sweater, but I don't want to feel out of place. Do you think he/people would mind if I wore it with a Santa hat and looked really good? I would like to impress my boyfriend's friends this time I see them (since last time I didn't look so great) & make my boyfriend proud that I'm his girlfriend. I don't really know how many people are even going to be wearing these sweaters, so I'm pretty torn with what I should do.

GUYS, if your girlfriend didn't exactly wear clothes that went with the party theme, but looked REALLY good, would you mind/be mad at her?

Do girls have any suggestions as well? Please help, I'd appreciate it SO much!

Most Helpful Girl

• Its all in the shoes.

You can wear a hot sexy dress...but if you wear flats then you will look more casual and blend in.

If you wear high heels...then you will totally look out of place.

Its a sweater party..but says you can't wear anything else?

Also, if you want to make this dress a little bit more casual why not try wearing tights under the dress?

What Guys Said 3

• You quite honestly see girls wearing virtually everything and anything, sometimes even nothing (pool + booze = fun) at college parties. Wear what ever makes you feel good. Dresses are not overkill unless it's some crappy backyard bash hosted by the sausage fest fraternity.

• Go with the sweater, you won't ipress anyone if you don't get into the team spirit. here!

• Wear the dress ;D

What Girls Said 3

• I hate going to a theme party and people aren't dressed up for it, it makes it not so fun and ruins the general theme of the party. However, since your boyfriend isn't doing it either and you don't know the people there then that should be fine. Wear the hat definitely and maybe cute stockings to make it look more Christmas-like. But be aware that you guys might not get into the party. I've been to quite a few parties that if you're not dressed up for the theme you either can't get in or you have to pay extra.

• If you can, post a photo of the dress. Honestly, for meeting his friends for the first time, don't overdo it. Less is more, and natural is much more beautiful. You don't want any attention but from him so don't give the impression you want to otherwise. For some reason, girls who are better dressed and better looking are asking for problems, despite whether or not you are looking for it.

• what rachiee said