Can girls smell better than guys?

I've the impression, that girls/women can better smell than guys, especially if they have their period. So their sense for smell seems to be more developed. ("their days, visit of the red army")

And if it is so, what could be the reason

• They can smell better than guys
  • It`s about the same
  • Guys have the "better nose"
    Vote C

Most Helpful Girl

• There have been studies suggesting so, but no certainty has been met.

If it it holds truth, the female hormone (estrogen) would be drastically in play.

link

Personally, I cannot tell you, as there is no way for me to test it, hah.

Also, the middle, ring, and pinky finger on a woman's hand are, evidentally, more sensitive than the equivalents on a man's.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 5

• yes girls smell better than guys

• idk about during our periods but from experience it seems that we smell better normally.. like we pick things up moreso than guys.

• It varies on the particular person and how they function.

regardless of gender.

• Girls can smell better - especially when pregnant. Don't think our time of the month has anything to do with it.

• It was an impression, it must not be true. What you think, why girls can smell better?

• I think women in general are just more tuned into things. Guys don't seem to notice a lot of details like women do.

• A pregnant woman the best sense of anyone. As for any other time, I would think it is the same.

I have a kid and my sense of smell was incredible when I was pregnant. The theory is that it is to protect the unborn child from being harmed by the mother eating bad food.

What Guys Said 6

• Not sure about during period, but their sense of smell seems heightened during pregnancy. A big use of smell in nature is determining if food is safe to eat or not, and the threshold for 'safe to eat' is higher when pregnant.

• Yeah I think its true, I can't smell for sh*t in general (busted up my nose when younger I guess) but the average girl can usually smell better then the average guy. They seem to be the first to smell a fart anyway :P

• girls have a better sense of smell, yes.

link

And for lolz

link

• I think girls smell better than guys yes, because well, I'm a guy... haha

• the reason why they need it is because the ones with less smell died;. men don't need to be concerned with trivial matters, we are the true survivors. we need them to have our babies.

• In some studies I have read, They've said that women are around 40% more receptive to smell than men are. One of the reasons, at least in terms of mating, is that smell tells you about the immune system of the other person, so if you like how that person smells naturally, your immune systems are compatible.