Girls, I'm getting my cartilage periced with a gun, will it hurt?

also, does the other percing hurt... the 1 were I can put in a cartlage bar in? I'm not sure what its called

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on where you are getting it for the name if your getting it up and down its an industrial and I had one but it didn't hurt to get just keep your hair out of it because it can get infected. and if your getting one that is left to right it is called a scaffold same things with your hair. keep it clean

What Guys Said 1

• Stick a pin in your eye and then multiply that level of pain times 12.

What Girls Said 3

• I had my cartilage pierced with a gun, but I don't remember how much it hurt because I had it done many years ago.

But since then, I've heard a few different piercers say that getting it done with a gun typically hurts more and takes a lot longer to heal/doesn't heal properly---and that it's much better to get it done with a needle than with a gun.

• I've heard that piercing cartilage with a gun can result in more complications (as selfishstars said). I'd personally get it done with a needle. The piercing itself it relatively quick, but the healing time it quite lengthy in my experience. I had my ear cartilage done and it took a few months to heal completely - it hurts to sleep on or whenever it's touched. :\

• The piercing in itself will not hurt.

but it is the after pain that will bug you...