Funny question about clothes?

so I've been debating with my sister and former roommate about colors of clothes and matching them. I sometimes wear black with brown or blue and have been told different things. Do you think they match and why or why not?

• Brown and black (yes)
  • Brown and black (no)
  • Blue and black (yes)
  • Blue and back (no)

Most Helpful Guy

• Poll fail, we can only answer ... I guess which one we feel strongest about?

Back is fine with baby blue, teal, maybe royal blue depending on the shade, but not navy.

Similarly, black and chocolate brown can be okay, black and tan look good, but black and very dark brown would look odd.

What Guys Said 1

• It may be different for women, but I know guys are not supposed to mix black and navy blue, Because they are very close but just different enough to make it look like you are trying to match and failing.

What Girls Said 7

• black can go with other neutral in moderation.. like black slacks and a brown belt.. no biggy.. of course any neutral goes with any other color like pink, yellow, blue etc.

• black with dark blue does not work but light shades would

also black with brown is never a good combo

• Black goes with everything. I rarely "match", but I don't look tacky. I think it depends on the style and hue of the clothes you're wearing.

• black and brown is totally okay any shade and black and blue is totally okay any shade. do it all the time :)

• I think it depends on the shade of everything. Like if they're both dark it won't look good.

• things don't necessarily have to match as long as they don't clash

• YES! they do but not all the time. It depends on the shades of both colors. I believe that EVERYTHING match when mixed in a smart way ;)