If you have waist length hair, how did you get it that long?

Mine is currently at bra strap length and showing no signs of budging any time soon. I trim my hair to get rid of split ends and being a training hairdresser cut off any splits that they might have missed when I go through my hair later. I used to have really long hair, down to my bum but after dying and over processing had to chop it all off. I do bleach my hair, but I only do the roots and rarely use heat unless I'm in the salons and having work done on my hair. I also have dry ends, so any way to deal with them would be great too. Thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're constantly bleaching your hair then you're constantly damaging your hair. The ends of your hair are most likely dry because of the bleaching. Your hair follicles produce the nutrients that your hair needs to grow and stay healthy and if it's constantly having to send the nutrients to the tips of your hair to keep them from splitting or to keep them soft then they're not able to put those nutrients towards the roots to help them grow. My hair is completely natural. I've never put any kind of permanent hair product in my hair, I don't normally blow dry my hair, and I don't normally straighten my hair either. My hair is extremely thick and it grows really fast. You can't tell in my profile picture by my hair is longer than it looks, it's that way because it's layered. But my hair is long enough that I can put my head back and my hair is touching the top of my butt and it only took two years to get it that long and I started out with my hair being so short that my longest hair was at my jawbone.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• it takes a long time to grow it out this long took me about two years. mine was shorter than yours though. My friend know of these pill you can take for your hair to grow faster, but those kinda scare me doesn't sound right. But brush your hair every night and morning that would help and put products in you hair to give it more moisture that would help. If I were you though I would go talk to a hair stylist about because I do not know what type of hair you have... I'm pretty sure that would be the best thing to do;)

• i didn't destroy it by bleaching it and whatnot...

i recommend buying a restorative shampoo that's main purpose is hair growth.

• don't listen to people that say you need to trim your hair regularly, unless you have significant damage and continue to use heat. My hair is very long and I always get compliments. I got a trim about 2 years ago, then stopped using heat whenever possible. At most, once a week with protectant. Also, I stopped using hair dyes and I condition my hair deeply once a week with coconut oil. Coconut oil will also help with dry ends.

• I don't think everyone's hair can necessarily get that long. I think our hair has a limit of how much it can grow, as a little kid it can get super long because you are short, but once you are an adult height, it may not grow THAt long.

Trimming it helps. I cut my hair 3 inches and cut the entire front a lot and in less than 6 months it all grew back.

Avoiding using heat on your hair helps a LOT. I rarely iron my hair anymore, and if I blow dry it I don't put the dryer against my hair, and it definitely seems longer and healthier and faster-growing than when I used to iron it.

I guess basically trim it, stay away from using any heat on it and hope for the best. I think some say trying not to wash it more than necessary helps too.