What to wear with a denim mini?

please help! I'm going on a cute date with my boyfriend and have NO clue what to wear with my denim mini skirt. any ideas? guys what have you seen that you liked? girls what have you worn?

please include top, shoes, or anything else you can think of. thanks1

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 1

• Heels are great with a mini, also leggings if it's cold. I like black or red leggings with the denim.

I'd go for a top in a contrasing color. Nothing too daring, though, a low neckline is a bit much with a mini.

What Girls Said 5

• If it's cold enough, print or striped tights work nice. Tights with suede (or fake suede) shoes look cute. OR no tights and boots up to the knees - not too slutty though. I have a pair of fake suede wedge heeled boots and I always get compliments on them - they're just about knee high. The wedge heels are easy to walk on and they make your legs look super long. Sometimes I wear a long sleeve pink lace shirt with a black tank under it. Cute. Tight sweaters work - again...if the weather is right. NO jean jackets. Denim bottoms (skirts or jeans) should never be paired with a denim jacket.

The suede or fake suede shoes or boots soften the look and seem more feminine - where just leather shoes or boots can be a little harsh. That's just my opinion.

• I haven't seen anyone wear denim mini skirts in quite awhile..

if you really want to wear it go with black heels, plain white shirt and a black leather jacket - try to stay on the casual side or it'll just end up looking punkish/trashy.

• Probaby a top with an elastic waist...like a bubble top.And maybe some flats (or heels,if you can)!

• 4 1/2 inch classic black high heels go with everything.

• Denim minis aren't cute, unless you're going to the rodeo :/...