What do you consider "dressing nice?"

hey all, I need some clothes advice. I am wanting to dress nicer to be more presentable in an everyday type of setting, particularly at school. Right now my go-to is usually tshirt and shorts pretty much everyday but I'm wanting to change that. Whenever you see a guy at school and think that he's dressed really nice, what is he wearing? Again I'm looking for more everyday nice stuff as opposed to anything formal but any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks!

Thanks for the answers already. Lots of great examples and jumping off points
Going with some of the examples y'all have given, what kind of shoes do you recommend to go with them? Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• Sweaters, dress shirts, button ups, a nice jacket, pants (not usually jeans unless they are dark denim and not raggedy looking). Also a clean cut/shaved face and head always makes a guy look presentable. If you don't want to cut your hair then wash it at least and use anti frizz products or another product that will make your hair look not messy.

• Alright, well, if it is hot where you live year round, and you wear shorts all the time, then I would say plaid, denim, or kahaki shorts, and a polo or button up shirt with the sleeves would be considered nice. If you are gonna wear long pants, kahakis or jeans are nice, unless the jeans have holes in them. Just keep your pants above your butt, instead of hanging off, whether it's shorts or long pants. lol.

• jeans, button up collared shirt or polo (not tucked in), then a jacket of your choosing :) for guys it's really easy to look semi nice.. link stuff like that'll do nicely.

• Dark wash jeans, a cool jacket or shirt that matches nicely with shoes but not overly matchy! A dress shirt occasionally as long as its not too dressy. I like bright colors! Also if you have a good body then tight long sleeved shirts. But not overly tight.

I just hate how guys can't wear clothes that fit well without being called gay or whatnot. >:(

<3Plein D'Amour

• i think dressing nice is a pair of nice jeans and a dress shirt.. not tucked in of course but comfy. and nicec sneakers. like nikes or adidas's.

• Dark jeans, casual dress shirt and an optional jacket.

• shoes? hmm converse, lace up vans, skater shoes, anything but tennis shoes...

• I think casual smart looks great on a guy.

• A very simple style that I really like on guys:

- dark jeans

- a pair of gray sneakers;

- a white shirt;

All this, these are just the basic pieces and yet we can do many things with it, buying simple pieces and coordinate the colors

And to coordinate the colors a little easy method: Always start with the lightest color, that is to say:

- white shirt;

- the gray sweater;

-and to magnify the line: black jacket.

must always work like that (this is just an example)

What Guys Said 1

• Dark wash jeans are often a good item to own.