Can a really gorgeous girl not know she's gorgeous?

I'm a bit confused I met a really gorgeous girl, I'm not saying slightly pretty, it's like 10/10 when I comment on how gorgeous she was she though I was joking and when she realized I was being serious she was really impressed. I was wondering was she pretending or there are out there girls with such low self esteem they can't see what other people see

Most Helpful Girl

• beauty is in the eye of the beholder so technically you could find someone gorgeous that others don't find to be gorgeous, including the object of your attraction herself

if she's a 10 by conventional standards, there's a chance that she already knows because of other peoples affirmations

although she could have any number of problems like socialization issues growing up that left her unnoticed or at least not well liked or frequently approached by guys, which may lead her to not find herself to be that gorgeous.

others may not find her gorgeous and so won't treat her that way

guys may find her gorgeous but just not approach her so she may doubt how attractive she is

she could have extremely low self esteem, or just low confidence, in which case it doesn't matter how you view her or anyone else

or maybe she just didn't like you and found it amusing that you had the nerve to talk to her (it has happened before)

she could have been pretending, trying to seem humble but inside her head knowing that she is attractive

idk really, youd have to ask her

What Girls Said 15

• Some people just have really low self-esteems or are very critical of themselves. Or maybe they just doesn't get those kinds of comments very often.

• Yeah, a really gorgeous girl really can not know she's gorgeous.My boyfriend literally tells me everyday how beautiful I am, & I always disagree.It's being going on for so long now that we sometimes even argue about it.

But beauty is a matter of opinion, my boyfriend thinks I'm absolutely stunning, others will agree with him, some will say I'm average, & some will even think I'm hideous.It's all personal preference.

Most women are insecure nowadays, there is so much pressure on women to look good, particularly in the media, & men applaud this artificial type of 'beauty,' so women think they have to look like Kim Kardashian or Rihanna in order to be beautiful, however, celebrity beauty is not natural beauty, but most people don't think about that nowadays.

• sometimes it's their background...what they were told of themselves to be brought down...sometimes someone is in their own world of hardsips they probably don't notice how beautiful they are or they don't ave time to tink about that kind of stuff...mahybe you should get to know her more...you may realize why

• oh ya.. it's really easy to not see it for a girl.. it's easy to have low self esteem.. I struggled with it for yrs.. rejection from friends, feeling worthless, etc.. so ya it's definitely possible... but with enough compliments a girl can find herself in a dew state of mind.. better one..

• a woman is only as beautiful as she sees her self. she could be gorgeous but hate herself and because of that will not see how beautiful she is on the outside. same thing vice versa, someone who is not the ideal version of beautiful may see themselves as gorgeous because it is how they feel from the inside and it radiates on how they act. beauty comes from the inside and just like many other things it is all about how we perceive ourselves.

• It could be either or!

Most girls find their flaws and only think of them. We often have a hard time accepting compliments! Or as someone else said, she might be impressed or really flattered that YOU specifically called her gorgeous.

If more guys like you existed, maybe girls wouldn't have such low self-esteems :)

<3Plein D'Amour

• Some girls look in the mirror and see nothing but imperfections even if they are nonexistent. So I'd say yes, it's possible that she is oblivious to her good looks. Either that or she was just being modest.

• Ya if she believes the media's beauty standards

• Nope. Beautiful people know they are. Shallow people pretend they're not to get compliments

• She may think you are extremely handsome and therefore she didn't measure up to your standards so it was a major compliment coming from you.

• Yes, also depends how young she is.

• Yes haven't you heard the one direction song

• Ya she might see herslef as average

• i think although some are pretending to fish for compliments, some girls really just don't realise, and I think you're spot on that its a self-esteem issue.

in high school I used to be a bit chubbier than I am now, and was bullied in the earlier years. so after high school, I kinda underwent a drastic change because I hated being what I was before. and now, many people tell me I'm good looking and I get a quite a few head turns, but every time I hear it, I never quite believe them or think they are just being nice. but it keeps happening, so I'm beginning to think that maybe I am quite attractive, but its still really hard for that to sink in when I've spent so many years of my life thinking I was so ugly and boring.

• Yes, gorgoeous women can also suffer from a low self esteem. It is a state of mind, you know. On the other hand, there are girls who pretend to be surprised so you keep on complimenting them all the time.

What Guys Said 1

• She might not be a 10 to everyone but she's a 10 to you. If they don't hear compliments often, they might think you are pulling their leg. They may not even want the compliment really because they feel uncomfortable.