Are guys indimidated by beautiful girls?

I noticed that average looking girls get a lot of male attention or have had a lot of boyfriends but really beautiful girls don't seem to have too many guys around them or get many guys.

No offense I hate to sound silly but I would consider myself a very attractive girl and guys never talk to me, or rarely I should say. Honestly, I wish a guy would have the courage to just talk to me, not ask me out or hit on me but say something. I wouldn't reject a guy for just talking me I would talk to them, I would carry on a conversation with them. I wish more guys would have the courage to say something and I can understand the concern of rejection
And what do you do when a beautiful girl smiles at you or talks to you? do you still avoid her or not make an effort?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's kind of like a vicious cycle isn't it? Beautiful girls are used to getting approached all the time, and so become used to it and assume that any guys that like them will surely approach them. Inevitably, the only guys that have the guts to approach them are the "beefcake a**holes" that esper88 described (thank you), and so the pool of guys the beautiful girls have to choose from are limited. Eventually the beautiful girls wind up with the beefcake a**holes (having no other options/are not socialized to make the first move themselves), all other guys see all the beautiful girls with said a**holes, and it perpetuates the stereotype that the beautiful girls only want that "type" of guy. So, all regular guys figure that they never had a chance and never try, and it goes on and on.

All it boils down to is insecurity: if beautiful girls weren't so insecure to approach the regular-type guys (because those guys seem to not like them), and if regular guys weren't so insecure to approach the beautiful girls. You can't blame one party or the other.

• thank you, you said it all.

What Guys Said 12

• Its not quite that. A lot of the time it's because guys have just given up.

It's an odd phenominon I've noticed recently; the very attractive girls who have had guys hitting on them and flirting with them for a vast majority of their life have become so accustomed to it that they see it as normal social interaction, not courtship. Understandably, this leads I the frustration of many guys, who as a result go for the less 'perfect' individuals.

• @update; I'd like to think girls never talk to me in that way because I'm just 'too hot' too.

But I don't like the prospect of deluding myself.

• I think you'll find, I never made that assumption. And I said in the upmost confidence that the girls I am referring to are aware of my relationship status.

I'm sceptical about your self claimed beauty, and without photographic proof with you holding up something like a piece of paper with one of our usernames on it, I will still remain sceptical.

You continue to raise the topic of your attractiveness on each post, even if they don't mention it. Almost as if you're trying to convince yourself.

• meh

• Blaxican619, you're not alone. Beautiful women intimidate most guys. In fact, plenty of guys get intimidated by average-looking women. But when you find yourself in the presence of a genetic celebrity of the female gender, the sense of longing and confusion can be overwhelming.

If you come across a girl, I mean The perfect 10. The A plus. The woman you'd sell your soul for, no questions asked. Her natural habitat: urban centers of high finance, fashion, politics, and the entertainment industry. A HEAVY PRICE TO PAY don't you think ?

• well I don't think a lot of the beautiful girls occupy those urban centres necessarily, why don't you just check out the girls at victoria college at uoft?

• but there are so many of them to choose from, you have your pick of average looking girls

• Listen here, Ms universe, You have stated that you are above average . . . Now please prove it

• Of course each person is an individual, but when dating you have to play the odds because you're in contact with quite a few people.

Generally speaking women who consider themselves attractive ( notice I didn't say they were attractive ) are more problems than they are worth. The sheer sense of entitlement. The crap you have to put up with, etc. I've got better things to do with my time.

Now, if I happen to find a pretty woman who doesn't have those liabilities, then great. Every women I've ever known has said they aren't like that, but more often than not if the woman thinks she's attractive, she has those qualities.

• Yeah, there is a certain sense of "why even bother" when it comes to the really pretty girls. We just kind of assume she's going for the beefcake a**hole scene. If she's too full of herself and can lord over a guy with her good looks, it doesn't usually mean good times for the guy. Brunettes are better anyway.

• hey I'm a blond !

• please do it or at least just strike up a conversation with her

• You're so cute. :) The next time I'm single, I'll definitely take your advice.

• If you're pretty, you have power.

Use that power.

There is nothing more annoying than seeing someone with all the skill and talent in the world let it go to waste because they insist on being a passive doormat.

• I wouldn't say I'd be intimidated to the point where I wouldn't approach one, but I would have to build up quite a bit of rapport.

• @ your update: I have no problems doing that, I just couldn't do it on impulse. It took me from February to May to build up enough rapport to approach my girlfriend. It would have to be someone who I see frequently in the same areas over a long period of time. It would be a trainwreck of a conversation otherwise 0_0.

• if your genuine it won't come across as creepy, itll be endearing

• Yeah, you're probably right. I just wish I was better at improv. I can never think of anything funny or thoughtful on the spot.

• Yeah I am intimidated. I'm even intimidated by average looking girls. With the amount of guys they have to choose from why would I even bother making myself noticed. I think I will go for someone in my league to save some time and dignity. I want to approach this girl in my university library but she is waaaaaay out of my league so I might as well save myself the hassle.

• do you have classes with her, do you see her regularly? if you don't then you have nothing to lose by talking to her, if she isn't interested then you don't have to see her again

• Beautiful girls never looks into every boys. They know they can surely get someone better in everything. And so we boys never try them out.

• I don't even bother I know they could do better than me

• well seriously its not about looks if that's what guys are referring to, if you want to get a beautiful girl you just have to be funny and thoughful, just tell her that you think she's beautiful

• thats just not possible, I'm sorry but there is someone for everyone

• I realized that isn't true a long time ago

• Eh, too much trouble.

• They are out of my league or I think they have a boyfriend. I guess it's also a confidence thing. I almost don't think I would be good looking enough for her and she would find someone else.

• Spot on champ, I think You mean confidence in terms of being intimidated from them, which is normal, see my above quote.

• i was sitting next to a guy today, I talked to him and he just brushed me off. so I think its not fair that if guys are indimated they refuse to even talk to a girl

• Life's not fair. You mist be really good looking. I would talk to a girl if she started a conversation. I would just be really nervous

• For me the answer is a yes.

• I'm also with the other guys, she's got a lot more choices so why bother.

What Girls Said 0