How to dress better? Where to start?

Ive spent time on the internet trying to learn what items have to match what. Some "experts" say completely opposite things about style and only confuse me even more...

My body type is tall, slim and athletic (not muscular).

Most Helpful Girl

• Its a lot of what makes sense to you. Your best bet is to stick to solid colors. Patterns work, but ONLY by themselves. Meaning, don't wear a printed shirt and a striped sweater together. Pair a pattern with a solid, match the colors. If you wear a brown sweater, have the colors in your shirt go a long with brown or be that same shade (or similar) of brown.

What Girls Said 7

• Wool slacks and cotton shirts never go out of style for men. Styles can come and go, but it always returns to wool slacks and cotton shirts

• Don't listen to mags and just wear business casual it's sexy and comfortable

• okay I am athletic but I am tall and slim like you. start by looking through magazines like seventeen it'll give choices for your body type. you don't want to wear things make you look like a twig, or lanky. some websites can also give you suggestions. skinny jeans don't really flatter slim figures I would go with dresses and stuff, although you may not like it you can add your own twist to the outfits to make them your style.

• Don't worry about the way you dress, dude. If you like it, get it. You're not dressing for anybody but yourself. You don't have to try to satisfy anyone else.

• Wear what works for your body type

• Just go try on clothes you wouldn't normally buy. If you want to dress better, for the ladies per say, ask one of your girl friends to kcme along with you. She'll tell you what looks good and what doesn't.

What Guys Said 3

• the biggest thing to me that makes a difference is fit. I'd get things that you like in a slightly larger size and take them to a decent tailor to get them all fitted, esp since yr slim and tall. invest in a good pair of jeans too. beyond that, just look in magazines/net and peg styles that fit yr taste and try to emulate them. stay away from corny print tshitts and fedora/truckers hats. those generally always look bad.

• If you need help, feel free to message me. I've worked in menswear for almost four years now. That's where I started.

• Check out bonobos (dot) com . All their stuff is fitted for slimmer builds. It's well made, high quality. Not the cheapest, but good clothes.

• You did not quite understand my question. I don't want just to buy nice jeans, shoes and sweater. I want to learn how to match styles.