Do girls intentionally overestimate their height on dating sites?

Im 5'10 ( I just measured so you know )and Id say I'm taller then 75% of women where I live. Sometimes il go on plenty of fish (which is really popular in my town) just to see if there's anyone I know on there or if I'm interested in anyone. Anyways, I just started looking at what some women listed their height as. Apparently I'm a midet of a guy, most girls are as tall or taller then me lol ! I know that's not the case.Why do girls lie about their height on dating sites, the guys gonna have to see you in person eventually...

0|0
7|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think girls would lie about being taller than 5'10". I could see them underestimating it, but not the other way around...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Well lets see here. I'm 5'9" but let me add my favorite high heels... I guess I'm 6'1" now. I don't know why women always give you their height with heels on but I've had women tell me they're taller than me while I'm looking down at them from the 1/2" my tennis shoes add.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol this is news to me. I know when I was on a dating site I didn't lie about my height. I'm short and proud of it! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'7...I don't lie about it, guys prefer shorter girls from my knowledge.:/

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5"4, soo... you'd have no problems with me really, haha

0|0
    0|0
    • I know I'm not worried about my height. I'm just wondering why girls bother lying about their height. Do they just want some really tall guy whos going to tower over them?

• Kindof sucks for me because I won't bother talking to most of them...

• nah. They want to take into account the 6 inches their stilettos will add to it, so they don't want a guy suddenly becoming shorter.

• I think girls just do that in general. guys too. everybody does

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't lie about my height at all so I wouldn't know why they do this. Maybe they're counting when they wear heels?

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Here is something to consider...I have a co-worker that say's she does this...here is her logic.

She wants a really tall guy(like 6'5 plus).

Instinctively she knows that guys want a girl that is shorter than them(most of the time).

If she puts on her profile that she is "5'11"; guys that are 5'11 or within that range will not respond.

So who would responded to her? Guy's that are 6'5+ that's who... (or a really short guys that like tall girls, which she just ignores)

This is a bad strategy though, because she's been single for a long time, since she has a bunch of other standards.

All these little tricky, underhanded, deceptive things that some women do...

0|1
    0|0