How do you feel about tattoos?

Would you date someone with tattoos?

Why/Why not.

How many tattoos do you think is too many or are there types that you perfer?

What type of tattoo would you say is going too far?...xX

Most Helpful Guy

• Tattoos like most things can be good or bad, and there's definitely a limit.

I'd say they're cool as long as they hold some serious meaning; don't just get an anchor on your ankle for the sake of it. Actually take time to design one, that way if a guy asks about it you'll have a great story that reveals a piece of your real self.

Also, try to plan ahead of time how many you want to get and stick to that limit. It's so common that someone gets one tattoo and then literally can't stop from getting more. The result is that they just have a bunch of random tattoos everywhere, and instead of thinking "wow, I wonder why she got that tattoo" a guy will think "there goes a tattoo-obsessed girl". Less is more.

Also consider the area you want tattooed, and how easily you want to be able to conceal it if you end up working in a formal business environment or the like. Some areas just have a stereotype, like sticking out of the back of your pants; this screams "tramp stamp".

From there, do some research and find a good place to get inked. Talk with an artist ahead of time. And definitely take a delay period to really think it over before you go in to get it put on. It's not like buying a new pair of jeans where you can return them if you decide a week later that they don't fit right.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't like them, but they'd have to be fairly extreme to actually put me off dating someone - I'd just think it was a bit of a shame that they'd ruined their beautiful skin that way, that's all...

• How do you feel about tattoos? I love tattoos.

Would you date someone with tattoos? Definitely because I have a few myself.

How many tattoos do you think is too many or are there types that you perfer? There really isn't a too many.

What type of tattoo would you say is going too far? The only place that I wouldn't like them to be is on the face.

• I prefer without, but it's not a deal breaker.

• I don't like them .

• Trashy.

• Some small tatoos but nothing big like shaving your head and putting a swastika

• I don't like them. They're too conformist and most are pretty tacky. It's like having a permanent mullet -> OK in 1985, laughable in 2011. Want to make money? Invest in tat laser removal studios - in 10 years Gen Y is going to paying them a visit.

What Girls Said 3

• I love tattoos, they're sort of a turn on for me. As long as they're tasteful (not like hardcore p*rn permanently etched into your flesh), I like tribal on a guy's arm, or side pieces depending on his body. I'm more into the more meaningful pieces though. Like I have a claddagh (two hands holding a heart, mine's anatomical because I can't stand valentine hearts, with a crown) because it's meaningful to me and my family, I'm getting a wolf (that my grandfather designed specially for me) on my back because when I was younger my grandpa used to call me a little wolf. I think if you just walked into the tattoo parlor and pointed at the first skull and cross bones you saw that's not attractive. For me, that shows that they're a very short sighted person, in a year or two, you're most likely going to want to cut it off your body. Same goes for people with their lovers name tattooed on them, save that for your confirmed (as in DNA matched, you ARE the father) kids or past (as in dead) relatives that you were close to or something.

I think the only way to go too far with tattoos is to get them in a spot impossible to cover when you know you work/are going to be working in an extremely professional environment. Example, I want to be a therapist, I'm not going to go tattoo my forehead, unless of course I'm tattooing something along the lines of "Don't hire me".

Long story short, it depends on what the tattoo, where, and what kind of job you have. If you're a tattoo artist, go all out, do whatever the f*ck you want where ever the f*ck you want. If you work in a corporate building, maybe put something tasteful on your shoulder or bicep, somewhere that you can hide it if you have to, and something that you won't be scared to have your co-workers see. Example, my uncle through marriage has gargoyles on his back and demons on his biceps (full back-piece, and his both upper arms, all very colorful and visible), he's lost jobs for 'unprofessional appearance', also, my grandmother still does not approve of him (this is 10+ years after marrying my aunt) because of his tattoos.

• yes I would.. I think they're very attractive on a guy.. but not to many.. I think more than 5.. because don't like him to be a portrait. he's a human I like skin haha. what type of tattoo is too far.. umm not on the neck or chest.. I don't like that.. but arms, back, legs, basically anything except chest, front neck and face I like. and I don't like skulls.

• I would definitely date someone with tattoo's I have 6 myself and plan on more I only draw the limit on someone I'm dating if they have like face or head tattoo's or they have negative related tattoo's anything prejudice or gang related is a no for me