Ladies, would you like Bearpaw Women's Emma boots from your boyfriend for Christmas?

I couldn't really decide what to get her so I've came across some boots on advertisements and she always talked about getting new boots but that never happened. So I think I'm gonna get her a pair of bearpaw women's emma (Brown) from famous footwear. So what do you ladies think, should I buy her boots for a gift or will this be awkward of a Boyfriend to be getting her this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the amount of consideration and thought that you seem to have put into this is great! However, a guy buying shoes for his girl can be kind of risky for a couple of reasons:

- A lot of shoes and shoe stores differ slightly in sizes so there's definitely a chance that even if you know her normal, typical "shoe size" that you'll end up being a half size (and maaaybe even a size) too big or too small. All shoes are a bit different, and the amount of interior padding, the width of the sole, the width of the calve part (some girls can't actually buy a lot of boots because their calves are too big/wide for that part of the boot), etc. can all pose to be a problem. it's an absolute must that she try them on, otherwise you run the risk of her having to go back on her own time to get the exact right size that fits her.

- Style's the second problem. I'm sure you know your girlfriend quite well (of course), but a girl's own personal style when it comes to shoes is extremely hard to pin down, despite how well you know her. My best friend's known me for over 10 years and she still can never spot shoes that I like when we go shopping. She actually tends to pick the one's I like the least thinking that they're the ones I'll like the most. While not always the case, it's often the same thing with guys and their girls, it has nothing to do with how well you know her or don't know her, it's just something that's so dependent solely on the individual that unless you're in her head, it's really hard to get it right. Plus, even if you do by some chance know everything she loves when it comes to shoes, her taste is always subjective to change at any time. It's just kind of risky in my opinion.

If she mentioned a specific brand or type of boot that she loves and you really do think you know her size, then go for it. I'm sure she'll love it, just make sure to keep the receipt - just in case you're a bit off with the sizing so she can go back and get it corrected :). I'd really like to agree with your choice, but I think if you're even the slightest bit unsure, then a great alternative would be to pay for a Gift Card or store certificate to a great shoe store so that she can go and get the ones that she absolutely loves the most. That way she'll still be able to get an awesome pair of boots that she picked out, in the right size, in the right style, that she absolutely loves. All thanks to you :)

What Girls Said 5

• If you're sure that's what she wants I think she'd appreciate it a lot more than getting a cliche teddy bear or something.(: The only problem with buying clothes and shoes and stuff for girls is if they don't like them they won't want to tell you that to spare your feelings...and then they'd feel obligated to wear them around you lol.

• Honestly. When it comes to shoes. NO HUMAN BEING ON EARTH than myself can buy shoes for me. Yes I said NO ONE. I have to wear them. Feel them. Walk around in them. Look at myself in them etc.. the color and style and etc etc everything has to be the way I want it to be or else I won't wear it. If she is like that when it comes to shoes. Then don't bother. But I guess its just me, tho I do know that also at least a few percent of women too. Lets just hope she isn't one of us! :-p

• Yes, totally. I'd love them.

• That is so sweet I would love wearing some cozy boots my boyfriend got me:D

• yes I would love to get this!

What Guys Said 0