Is it gay for a man to evaluate women's clothing?

Let me explain.

Women, the beautiful creatures they CAN be don't necessarily dress for men, they either dress for themselves or for another woman. Odd, probably, but it's all about who's got the better outfit (competition) just like for men, it's about who's got the bigger arms, abs etc..

Men like when women dress for them on those special occasions such as an event or even getting down and dirty, this is true, however women don't go into their closet and think "hmm, I wonder if this will please him or p*ss him off".

I just saw a guy go on and on and on..about how he HATES ugg boots. I for one, am indifferent about the idea of ugg boots. I figure, if you're going to wear them and you like them, why should I care how they look. What matters is how the wearer thinks of them.

So, what I'm wondering is, is it GAY for a man to evaluate women's clothing in such a way as this guy did?

Most Helpful Girl

• No of course it's not gay, I mean everyone will have their opinions and expressing them isn't really gay. If a girl is wearing something that may not improve her appearance or that makes her look bad, usually a guy notices and thinks 'she shouldn't be wearing that'. But a lot of guys like yourself will look at a girl and move on with life and not think about what she should/shouldn't be wearing. I guess it's kind of better if a guy has a mindset of if you like it, why not wear it. With my boyfriend, I can look like a hobo and he'll still think I look good. But if I ask him if I look stupid in something he'll give me his opinion. It just depends.

• If a woman asks me my opinion, why should I tell her something mean. If I think it looks bad, I keep my mouth shut..besides, it's not me that will be judging you, it's other people at the event

• Actually, it really isn't

• that's why I put quotations.

What Girls Said 2

• Not at all. Some people have strong opinions about what looks good or bad on others and some people couldn't care less. Besides, he's only gay if he wants to date, flirt, and have sex with men--that's pretty much it.

• from what I've seen, its usually the more feminine men that nitpick and evaluate womens clothing like that. I mean, all men have an opinion of what looks good generally, but to go in details and like "oh I haTE when women wear this" yeah I can see how people would say its gay but that doesn't mean HES necessarily gay if you know what I mean

What Guys Said 6

• Nope, though I generally only give my opinion if its sought, and half the time I lie to stop them from over obsessing and so we can get out the door and not be late.

I like to fancy I have a pretty good idea for what works and what doesn't, when it comes to the complex world of women's apparel.

But generally if asked I am just enforcing what she already knows.

• No. Seems more expressing strange strong dislike then evaluating.

• not at all...infact when you do so,women appreciate it...

but don't go too deep unless you are a fashion designer

• I do this all the time, in fact I'm a pretty good shopping buddy for that reason I'm told! But I'm straight.

• "Is it gay when..."

Unless that question ends with "...a guy feels sexually attracted other guys?", the answer is: no.

• Do YOU feel gay? If you do .then you probably are...if you do note..then you probably are not...and f*** everyone else's opinion...(: