How does the pressure to be sexy all the time affect you personally?

I got into this conversation with a colleague of mine, felt like asking here.

Girls-- Do you feel the pressure to be sexy on a daily basis, no matter what you're doing or how you feel? Even when you're going to bed, do you feel the need to wear something cute (like VS pink)? When you're ill, do you think more about how bad you look instead of getting healthy? That sort of thing.

Guys-- Do you expect women to be sexy at all times? If not expect, would you at least appreciate it if your girl tried to look good 24/7, even when going to bed or when ill?

(I mention going to bed and ill because those were specifically brought up in the aforementioned conversation.)

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, I don't expect my girl to wear a nice dress or make up 24/7 or even 4 days out of the week.

I'm very picky with my taste in women, I prefer natural beauty and when I find a girl who just looks beautiful regardless what she does or wears then that's perfect for me. She can still be sexy even if she's just wearing sneakers and jeans and a T-Shirt. I wouldn't even bother to ask her to wear a sexy outfit to bed, just to wear her birthday suit and call it a day =).

What Guys Said 2

• No, I don't expect women to look sexy all the time. If I'm cuddling up and watching a movie with her, no need to wear a lot of makeup and a nice dress, just for that.

If we're going to a formal event, then that's pretty much obvious.

• TBH I kinda like seeing a girl not looking sexy sometimes... it's like I feel less intimidated by her and can speak to her without the feeling of inadequacy.

What Girls Said 7

• honestly I don't feel the pressure. I like to look good for me, but when I don't feel like it I will put on some sweats and a head scarf and not think anything of it. I don't look at like I'm being pressured. I like to look pretty and presentable but when I'm just feeling "blaH' then it is what it is. I'm human, no one is gonna be "on" 100% of the time. I know what I look like when I'm all dressed up lol I think that makes up for it when I'm doing the bummy relaxed thing

• No I don't feel pressure to be sexy on a daily basis. Actually I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl that owns makeup but only gets it out 20 days out of the year for special occasions (granted I'm a student and plan to upgrade my wardrobe when I enter the professional world. But that will be in an attempt to appear professional rather than sexy).

I sleep naked so sexy sleep wear isn't required. And if its too cold for that sweat pants and a men's large shirt are comfy enough.

And if I'm sick I'm OK with looking miserable because it helps ward people off and I really don't want to deal with them when I don't feel well anyhow.

Now do I have days when I go out of my way to be sexy... Hell yes. Sometimes it fun to surprise the boyfriend.

• I don't feel any pressure to be sexy 24/7. Heck I don't even wear makeup most of the time. I usually wear cutsie pajamas to bed and I sleep in my birthday suit at my boyfriend's place cause he likes it. When I'm sick I don't care about anything except "when the hell am I gonna get over this damn cold ughhhh." I just go with the flow and do whatever feels natural to me and it's always worked just fine :)

• considering that I rarely look ''sexy'',it doesn't affect me at all lol

• Doesn't affect me very much.. sure sometimes I like to dress sexy for my man, maybe once a week and I don't wear make up and as for bed I just sleep naked and since I stay home quite a bit I usually just wear some black silk pjs and baggy shirt I'm not sure why but I feel fine just the way I am

• I'm sexy all time.I can't help it. Even with a big chunk of spinach stuck on my teeth.

• On a night out to a club or a pub maybe. Most of time I just dress to look good, whether or not I look sexy is on the side. (Although I do like looking sexy sometimes).