What would you say makes a girl looks like a slut?

I want to make an effort to look good for my school's Semi formal Christmas dance, but I don't want anyone to be able to say "oh, well she's just a slut" when they get over the surprise of seeing me in a dress. So I want to know what a girl can do (or mostly wear) to make the word slut instantly come to mind. You can skip the part below if you want.

The dress I have picked out is strapless, purple, and two and half to three inches above my knee (though it can pass for the two inches the school allows). It has a ruffled skirt starting at the waist and I plan to wear four inch sparkly heels with it (the heels match it, but the dress isn't sparkly, and the heels are only so high because I'm 5'2"). I don't usually wear dresses or skirts, and when I do they are usually only an inch or so above my knee. I mentioned that my school requires pretty conservative dresses, but I bet that girls will be wearing dresses even shorter than mine and showing even more since they actually have legs. So basically, are people going to just say nasty things and say I'm trying too hard? I'm only making such an effort because I want to feel like I look good, but if people are just going to be nasty I'm not going to bother.

Most Helpful Guy

• Best tip I can give if you don't want to be called a slut: don't have sex in the bathroom, or kiss another girl. There will always be a couple girls that will dress sluttier than everyone else. You should be fine.

What Guys Said 1

• You can't dress slutty, you can only act slutty

What Girls Said 2

• Way too much skin.

• Too much boobs out.