Have you ever gotten a tattoo of your significant other's name?

Ive been told its bad luck. I don't wanna get one but my boyfriend does. I really don't mind it. lol Have you ever gotten a tattoo of someone's name? Did it seem to cause bad luck?

Most Helpful Guy

• Foolish. Very foolish. It's bad luck because if you break up you're given the reminder of that person forever.

If you're lucky you'll find someone else with the same name.

Get a tattoo of your dog's name or something that you won't mind carrying around with you if you happen to break up with your SO.

What Guys Said 3

• never do that. not sure what the karma and bad voodoo say about this but quite sure, not good. Get a necklace with his name. rip the thing off when he dumps you or the other way around. move on. no visible scars. there ya go.

• im not getting it. he is. READ

• Yup. I messed up. Same advice to him. He gets a necklace with YOUR name. When you dump him, he rips the f-ing thing off and moves on. Did I do better this time?

• lol yes. but the thing about it is, its not me. He can make a silly mistake. He even said he's always wanted to make this dumb mistake. I think it would be funny. But I've just been told that its bad luck..

• me and my "other significant" have the same initials so does that count? lol

• hahaha that's kinda cool

• nope never gotten one of those, sounds like a bad idea.

What Girls Said 2

• Hmm. This reminds me of the movie "For Lovers Only", if you've ever seen it. A man and a woman who used to be in a relationship meet up years later and have an affair. In the movie, it is revealed that the man used to have the woman's name tattooed on his arm, but had it turned into a wolf. The woman then tattooed the name of her current spouse on her thigh.

I think the idea of it is appealing, but as I have no other tattoos, I'm not sure I would go through with it. It seems like more of a safe bet to get a tattoo of your husband/wife's name rather than a boyfriend/girlfriend.

• No. Bad luck or not, I'd feel like a dipsh*t once the relationship was over and I was explaining it to someone else.

• but its not me getting it