Polished nails a must for first date?

Going on a first date. My friend says a girl must always have her nails polished. Is this true? Mine are long and natural (no tips) and not polished. Should I clip and or paint them? I like them long and they are shaped well...

0|0
12|10

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol @ girls saying shape them and buff them and apply a clear/sheer polish. If you're going to do all of that you might as well do a color. Anyway, guys say they don't care or notice but I think they do notice it on a subconscious level. Guys love when girls beautify themselves. I'm not saying they dislike tom-boy low maintenance girls but usually prefer girlie girls. So polishing your nails wouldn't hurt.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• No, I don't agree with your friend. They don't have to be polished.

0|0
    0|0
  • just make them look normal and clean , no fake things and no paint :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a very observant guy. I notice a girl's hair, clothes shoes, makeup etc. I can honestly say that even though it's always nice when a girl has nail polish it doesn't bring much to the date other than 'that's a nice colour'. It's harder to discuss nail colour than her hair, clothes, makeup - those things you could talk about endlessly with different topics. I wouldn't be at all turned off if a girl didn't paint her nails for a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well its best to look as striking as possible but i dont think nails are a necessity

0|0
    0|0
  • well personally, I notice small things like this. It's not gonna kill it, but it's worth doing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what the guy is like. Most won't really care it doesn't matter. It's all about the conversation.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if they are clean and well kept I think you'd be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never noticed stuff like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're shaped well you'll be fine. Honestly most guys would be paying more attention to your body than your nails!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• make sure they're shaped and clean. I've become a fan of clear/slightly shimmery nail polish?

like, its transparent, but it really looks.. clean and elegant?

also, make sure your hands are hydrated. crocodile hands are the worst.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the last thing a girl will look at is your nails. Too much can scream "high maintenace" if not done right. Worry wbout more important things such as make-up, hair, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as their presentable it's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • clean them well and buff them or put on a clear coat of nail polish.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's always good to pay attention to little details like painting your nails on a first date. Some guys notice everything, and if you have a good manicure they may think that you are tidy and take care of your appearance. It isn't a must, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope nope you don't have to. some people just hate to see polished nails, so I think it's better if you don't wear them on a first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • try something cool and make him notice it! link

0|0
    0|0
  • i am self conscious about my toe nails if I'm wearing heels or sandals i have to paint them other wise i won't go swimming or wear toe showing shoes

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think a lot of guys notice that stuff unless their gay or have major OCD about how a woman's nails look. Lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • make sure they're clean and you don't have to paint them...that part is not a must but just make sure its clean and nicely shaped.

0|0
    0|0
  • i never polish my nails...

0|0
    0|0