How tall is too tall?

I'm 5'9 and always feel like I'm soaring over all the girls my age. What is your preference a tall or short girl? and girls do you like a tall or short guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• 5'9" isn't so crazy. I once was with a girl who was like 6'3" maybe 6'4". That was a little intense. You? You're maybe average, maybe a couple inches taller than average. No big deal. What, your average guy is roughly 6' in height? It's not like you'd be towering over them. It's not like you'd be particularly intimidating to any guy. I don't see how what you've got is too tall.

Anyway I imagine being really tall might intimidate some guys, or at bare minimum require a little adjustment, but with your height, you don't have a lot to worry about. Some guys have their own standard, but if any guy blows you, overlooks you, writes you off, or dumps you in any way because of something as stupid and trivial as your height, you are WAY better off without a shallow creep like that anyway.

Point is; Don't worry about it.

Good luck out there.

What Guys Said 11

• As long as she is shorter than me (186 cm) while barefoot than it's all good. She also mustn't be too short that I've have to bend my knees to hug or kiss her. That would feel too creepy for me.

• yeah guys for sure like a shorter girl in general...my ex was around 5'4 actually. I'm around 5'10 to 5'11 so id go for 5'2 to 5'7 probably.

• I think the official "too tall" height for women is 5'10, but I haven't checked it out in a while. It might have changed by now :P.

For me too tall is probably someone above 6'5". Personally, I prefer someone around my height (6'0") because I like being at the same eye level.

• you are very pretty. but probably too tall for me. I am short :( 5' 7ish BUT height is more like a guideline than a need. I am sure you are a fine height.. just be careful about when you wear heels.

• thanks :) and no need to worry about heels. Me and high heels are not compatible lol.

• Probably 6'7". I think that's where my deal breaker would be, though I've never encountered a girl that tall so I don't know. I'm 6'2" and I like girls between 5' and 6'. Basically I like girls shorter than me but not too short. Taller than me is not a deal breaker, but I think that'd be pushing it. As far as pertaining to you, you're just fine, and you have a nice smile.

• My ideal height range is 5'6-5'11, so that would actually be perfect for me. I'm down for any height though. But that's just me. Generally speaking, guys tend to prefer shorter girls.

• Why do guys like shorter girls?

• It's kind of the inverse of what girls feel like with tall guys. Girls like to feel protected, guys like to feel like they're the protectors, protecting precious cargo. It makes them feel more masculine I guess. This ends up screwing short guys and tall girls over though in some cases. =/

• ya it sucks, but I can understand where men are coming from.

• Too tall for me would be taller then me... but I would preferably like 5'10 and below

• i'm 5'8, 5'9 isn't that bad at all

• I'm 5'8'', thus too tall is more than 5'8''.

Still, I like short girls, they are more cute and feminine.

• I'll take a tall or short girl, as long as there's that chemistry.

• Answer mine? girlsaskguys.com/Flirting-Questions/575636-woah-i-think-she-may-like-me-right.html

• Dont really have one.

What Girls Said 4

• oh you're fine! I'm 6' and I find guys! (must be at least 5'11'' or taller though) stuck up I know, I've tried shorter, and it just bothers me so much I can't even have fun with him :(

• I'm 5'2 and like tall guys. Last time I answered a question like this and said about the same thing I just said and I got 4 downies lol.

• i looooove a tall guy.. I'm around 5'6 5'7 and when I wear my boots (3" heels) I always tower... but I get used to it.. everyone in my fam is tall.. so I'm not alone haha.. but I like my guys 6' up.

• I love guys to be taller then me but I'm only 5'2" so mostly everyone is taller then me. My boyfriend is around 5'8" or 5'9" so I always have to look up to him and that's fine with me.