Do you "think" you are ugly?

I have been thinking about the "ugly" term when we relate it toward our appearance.

I think we "believe"things are ourselves are ugly. It is all what your opinion is of yourself.

If you go around asking other opinions of your appearance...no answer will be completely the same...it will f*** with your head, and this causes you to pick sides. Positive or Negative. If you believe you are ugly. You are ugly. If you believe you are good looking, you are good looking. I think you will have support from others in any direction...more or less. My point is, it is truly your honest opinion. Not mine.

It boils down to what you think of yourself. People will screw you over.

To answer my question: I think I am both. That is what makes me awesome. I am officially proud to say that. I have no doubt or hate toward my opinion of myself. I am content. No need for clarification. I know myself more than anyone else could know me.

• I know I am ugly.
  • I am good looking.
  • I am average looking, a combination of both.
  • I really don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it, I know it.

And lying about it does not change fact.

Others lying about it does not change fact.

But people have said it enough times throughout my life I have learned that it's true.

> It boils down to what you think of yourself.

And what do I think of myself? I know I'm ugly.

link

What Guys Said 9

• I am not bad looking, like children do not run screaming when they see me. I am not Brad Pitt either. I guess I am satisfied with my looks because there is a lot of other good stuff about me. I have to admit, I am not as confident in my looks as you, but maybe I will get there someday. Good looks are only temporary anyway.

• hmmm look at numbers... either a lot of hot bitches on this site,or women with inflated values.?

hmm or maybe just young girls... who are desired because of youth regardless of looks.. that's probably it.

• You just mind fwked me lol that's confuseing O.o. But I think I'm in the middle I'm ehh lol

• No. I do think I am goofy looking though =D

• Why, yes. In fact, and it's a proven fact that I'm so damned ugly, I've caused the sales of vomit bags to greatly increase. But seriously? Like everyone else, I have my good days and bad, but I don't think I'd call myself ugly. More of an ugly attitude I have towards it from time to time.

• I think I'm passable regardless of what others may say. Far worse looking guys than me have gotten laid before.

• i would not say I am ugly. I am not that handsome but I am not ugly either.

• No. Sometimes I FEEL good looking, other times I don't FEEL very good looking.

• Then you are average. Your feeling has everything to do with your thinking when it comes to your opinion on your appearance.

• *a, not an

• "I am nothing but a changing experience of self-perceptions". Mind = blown.

• I don't think I am I know I'm absolutely hideous :(

What Girls Said 20

• im pretty in my opinion and some others too but I have some flaws. I could lose some weight and clip these split ends but even in spite of it I'm not ugly. I don't feel bad about myself though, I know I'm blessed

• I am not ugly. I never ask other people what they think because honestly I don't care. All that matters is what I think of me. I have room for improvement. I am by no means perfect, but I am happy with what I was born with. Aside from the fact that I wish I had my mother's olive skin. I think I am too white. =D

• I don't think I'm ugly, but I don't think I look that great either. I have my days I guess. So I vote C.

• People are only deemed "ugly" because they don't fit into society's conventional ideas about beauty, but to someone else, they might not be ugly at all.

Anyways, I don't worry too much about this. If I did, I'd probably wear more make-up, but I just can't be bothered, lol. I take care of myself and I think that's all that matters. I'm not "ugly" by society's standards, but I don't put myself on a pedestal, either. I'm just normal.

• It is not really society that gives those controvesial ideas...it is the people who "BELIEVE" that sh*t..

Right now I could say smurfs exist and people will say I am talking sh*t...if they don't believe me. If they believe me they will say I am smart...just like what happens with the ugly controversy.

• I was referring mostly to Western culture, but I see what you mean.

Like I said, what you think of yourself is important, but we're not immune to the people around us and the media. We can resist labels, but we're still impacted by them.

• That is true and I agree.

Appearance as a whole is based on "personal" opinion.

• I don't know anymore so I like to not think about it at all so I chose D.

But no I don't think I'm very attractive.

• I voted C. I think I'm average looking but I have those days when I look horrifying and those days that I look quite decent. So yeah, a combination of both :)

• I'm good looking and I know it.

• I don't know. But I think I'm pretty, I'm average and I like me this way

• I voted "C." I don't care what people think about me. The only opinions that matter are that of my family and friends.

• no I do not think I am ugly but I don not think I am the most beautiful person around..but I'm the type of person to think that everybody is beautiful in their own way

• I'm average and I like myself :)

• I'm usually seen as ugly or pretty; there's no in between

Personally I believe I'm average at best. I'm not pretty but not ugly.

I definitely admire beautiful girls like Megan Fox, Adriana Lima, Miranda Kerr etc

• I don't think I'm ugly. Sometimes I think I'm better looking than at other times, but I'm comfortable and confident with my looks. :)

• I am average. That's what I always thought I was regardless of what others say.. Ugly or not.. I remain AVERAGE! :)

• I'm average.

• Some people say I'm super pretty and some say I'm super ugly :|

But I for myself think I am extremely ugly. But there are some rare days where I like myself

• No, that means you believe you are a combination of both.

If you feel ugly sometimes and feel pretty sometimes. You believe you are average. An ugly person hates thier appearance all the time. An average person doesn't.. An good looking person loves the way they look regardless of anything.

• I'm a very cute woman and my boyfriend is a really lucky guy :D:D

• I know I'm attractive but I know that I'm not drop dead gorgeous or anything.

• I am ugly, and it wasn't originally my opinion. It wasn't something I started to give much thought to until people started calling me ugly. That happened in High School, and at the time it didn't bother be too much. I figured it was just other people bullying me and it wouldn't likely happen in the adult world.

Now I am 27 years old, and I still get called ugly constantly. I do everything I can to make myself look better. I've had so many different makeovers in the last ten years that I've lost track. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, people will still call me ugly. They all say I have a mans face with a woman's body. I am skinny, and I work out a lot but my face is really really ugly.

I've had so many different hair styles to try and flatter my face. I went from short to medium to long, back to medium. I've had my hair layered. I once had it permed. I straigten it. I wear it up. It doesn't change much. I also do different makeup techniques, but it doesn't help.

I'm trying to save up money for plastic surgery. I have a huge nose and I am hoping if I get a nose job that will help a bit. What I think I really need is facial female feminization surgery. It makes a masculine face look feminine. I guess Transgender males to females get it. Females get it too though. It's expensive though.

For now, I just have to put with how disgustingly ugly I am.

• nope, I'm attractive and know it :)