My first true girlfriend?

I think my girlfriend is too beautiful for me?

Having been very girl shy when I was younger, she is my first true girlfriend. She developed a crush on me, and then practically asked me out after being friends for awhile. I never had any intentions of pursuing a relationship, until she started dropping hints (and later admitted) that she liked me.

Just looking at some of the photos she has placed on her Facebook; I really step out sometimes and wonder what a stunning girl wants to do with me? I mean I am not an attractive guy by any means, I am slightly overweight, have a huge ugly nose (let alone face), and since I am too busy to work out, I have no muscles to show off. She tells me that I am the sweetest, most thoughtful, and ambitious guy she has ever met, and how she is obsessed with and dreams of me, but somehow, I feel like I am just too ugly for her.

Should I just let her go? I feel like I am just too ugly for her; she can probably find someone better.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not going to say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because it's cliche...(Rats, I guess I did say it.)

She thinks your soul is beautiful. She's just fortunate that her outward appearance matches her inward appearance.

Now, I'm NOT going to say let it go. If you feel that you are too ugly, then do something about it!

That's the beauty of outward beauty, it can be changed. (A lot easier than inward beauty.)

You say you're a bit overweight, then try working out a bit. It will help you to feel that you are doing something to deserve her. (Althogh she feels that you are worthy already.) It will also have the benefit of making you healthier.

Think of it this way. Many girls go after people with outward beauty and then try to fix the ugliness they find inside people. She went after someone with inward beauty. Now you can work on improving the 'ugliness' YOU feel is on the outside. (She probably doesn't see it.)

Whatever you do, don't just let her go. Fight for her. (In this case fighting your insecurities to make yourself 'deserve' her.)

What Girls Said 6

• She might be able to find someone better-looking, yes. But that doesn't mean she'll find someone better.

There's no such thing as someone being too pretty for someone else, or all that crap about "out of your league", or whatever. She's attracted to you and she's letting you know it. Just be grateful that she's so upfront.

Personally, I always have (and continue to) struggle with low self-esteem, to the point of outright hating everything about myself. As cheesy as it is, I put a post-it on my bathroom mirror that just says "FTA" (Fuck Them All). Them being society's ridiculous standards of beauty and vile marketing tactics that force-feed it to us from infancy. They don't matter, so focus on what's awesome about yourself and work to improve your weak areas in a healthy and positive way.

• If she's into you and you're into her, then what's the problem? Looks are not everything, there was this absolutely gorgeous guy that I liked and he turned out to be the biggest jerk ever! I'm glad that your girlfriend was able to look and see the person who you are and not just what you look like.

Don't be so hard on yourself you have got to start liking yourself and see the person that your girlfriend fell for.

• If you would talk to my boyfriend he would say the same thing about me and him. Why does everything have to be based on looks all of the time though? Looks fade over time and so much more important remains intact. The way someone is on the inside is so much more important then the way somebody is on the outside! You should feel very blessed to have a beautiful girl who loves you for the person you are inside and out. Why would you want to break up with someone who loves you for YOU? Looks are on the BOTTOM of the qualities I look for in a man. As long as there is some sort of attraction that is all I need. Being sweet, thoughtful and ambitious are all very important though! Stop being so hard of yourself and learn to live with the fact that this beautiful girl loves you and just be HAPPY!

• Girls often date down looks-wise in order to snag a guy with a better than average personality. Because she is so attracted to your personality, your physical imperfections fade away to the point where she doesn't even notice all of these flaws that you're worried about. It sounds cheesy, but it's so true.

• What? Not everyone goes for someone that is good looking. Sometimes a personality means more to somone than looks.

• Hey

I hope you don't mind me replying to this comment but I'm a casting associate with MTV and we are currently casting for an episode of our documentary series, True Life. The episode is called True Life: I'm Dating Outside of My Social Circle. If you would be interested, please email me at socialcircle@mtvn.com.

Thanks

Casting

MTV News & Docs

What Guys Said 4

• You should not let her go. She obviously has feelings for you and you like her too. Looks are not everything. She likes you for who you are and that means a lot.

• Obviously you're good enough for her or you wouldn't be together. Do yourself a favor, don't do her thinking for her. Get me?

• if you think you should then do it but remember its not all about looks its what's on the inside it might seem chezzy but you are one of a kind and you need to boost your self-esteem. if she's gone out of her way to go out with you do you really think she doesn't know you guys are awesome together?

• Yes, let her go. it's not your looks, it's your confidence. she needs a more confident man.