Do you think clothing from Ann Taylor Loft is nice enough for an office job?

My current job is laying me off after Christmas due to cutbacks. I've been applying for new jobs and most of what I'm finding are office type jobs where you have to wear semi-nice or business casual type stuff.

I'm allowed to wear jeans and t-shirts at my current job, so aside from a pair of slacks and two skirts, I don't own anything nice enough. My budget is very small and Ann Taylor Loft is kind of expensive as is. Do you think it counts as appropriate attire?

Here are some examples of their products: link

link

link

link

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I would shop around. There's plenty of cheaper places to buy nice professional clothes. Its all about knowing what to pair with what. You can buy a nice, formal skirt for cheap and then pair it with a shirt and blazer or find nice black pants for cheap as well. Just shop around.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• They have nice office clothes, but so do a lot of other places for much cheaper prices. Look at A.T.L. as inspiration for some of the clothes you want to get but actually shop at lower priced places. You can get nice office places from Kohls, well really anywhere just look around

• I definitely think so! They have some great business-casual wear.

• Well Ann Taylor is a business casual/dressy casual store so yes

• yes definitely. it looks really professional to me

• Some, but they are expensive.

I recommend shopping around more. Try going to H&M. Don't know you area but in New York and in other states there are many H&Ms. They sell a lot of really nice work clothes for much cheaper prices. I got many blouses there for 20 dollars each.

Basically you are looking for blouses, blazers, pencil skirts, dress pants, and nice sweaters.