Guys, can casual outfits intimidate you more than heels and short skirts?

I used to wearing heels and dresses everyday, not the slutty kind though, more like the way girls are dressed in gossip girl lol.

I got hit on quite super often but that were mostly by guys who would just care about how hot their girlfriend can look by their side, and usually that couldn't handle any sort of deep conversation.

Since I live on my own, you can never be too cautious, I changed my everyday outfit to jeans and flats, even if I still do notice guys are looking at me the same way, I don't get hit on that often.

So basically do you assume when a girl wears heels etc that she wants guys to notice her therefore feel more confident and go talk to her more easily ?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think women wearing heels and skirts look better. Legs are a great attribute... we won't get into peep toe shoes... ;)

Jeans and flats are a little more mundane, even if you look great in jeans. Do you really think that the same number of guys noticed you? Perhaps...

But while it might be that girls wearing skirts are more confident (because they are showing legs, for instance?), I don't think it means that she wants guys to notice her, particularly... she's just confident about herself and her femininity.

What Guys Said 5

• Normally a girl that's dressed up makes guys feel nervous. It frightens the majority of guys who lack confidence or guys who wants to stay away from the (generalisation) high maintenance a classy girl brings.

However you'd attracts guys who are confident. For some, really just want a girl to dress up so he can walk in a room and be treated like god by other men.

We definitely know consciously or un-consciously that a woman dressed up to get attention, we're not idiots, well most of us aren't..

Essentially, you're getting hit on less because you're not dressing up anymore, we see a hot looking woman who's dressed up so, we assume that she wants us to approach her, she's "presenting herself". Where as the opposite, she's dressing down, she's being conservative, she's doesn't want a guy to stare/hit on her. We'll be respectful and obliged accordingly.

• casual outfits might seem too superficial. it would mostly make us guys think "whoa! she's way out of my league! no way I have chance with her, etc". I guess if your gonna dress up like that you might need to express yourself out a little more (long story)

• So that's a yes to my question ?

Feel free to share your long story :)

• Haha OK so just so we're clear : casual outfits =superficial, dress up/high maintenance = not superficial ?

• you could say that, I'm just speaking in behalf of most people's thoughts

• i think your right. the heels/short is just begging for us to follow closely

• Idk, I guess I never thought of it that way. I just assumed she was doing it to be fashionable or whatever it is you girls trend on.

• Of course we are doing that to be fashionable but I thought maybe guys would assume its for themidk.

• I wouldn't say its a sign, some guys obviously think that's one. Soto you approaching a girl wouldn't be eased by the way she's dressed ?

• Nope, its mainly based on attitude I think.

• I never assume girls are dressing for anyone other than other girls.

What Girls Said 0